• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Los1 said:
14 newhires atarted yeserday 9-11-06
Los1
Is this for real? Can somebody confirm the class size? I thought we were looking at 20+ in the new hire classes. If they are only doing 14 now, that could really slow things down.

Also, does anyone have a sense of how deep into the pool they have dipped for the first Oct. class?

Thanks for any info. I know it won't get me hired any faster, but I'm sure getting antsy.

14 in the 11 Sep class and 20 in the 25 Sep class only takes 34 out of the pool vice the supposed 50 per month. As far as to how far the 2 Oct class has reached....I think we are in the last week of Feb (22/23). I do know of a bud who interviewed 28 Feb who was told by Kim that he wasn't going to be in this one. This is going to drag out for quite awhile if other posted info remains true.

Feb 28 interview #'s??

geauxfly,

Does your bud that interviewed 28 Feb know how many are in the pool from his group? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks,
BH

BH,
I'll check with him on that one. Sorry I didn't think to ask earlier but I thought I had captured that info in the thread. From what I hear recently, the pool won't be drained until next spring. I don't know if that includes the people interviewing now and being dropped in the deep end or not... I don't figure on getting into training until Jan/Feb at best with my mid-May interview date. At best, there looks to be 4 training classes left in this year and we're not through with the Feb interviewees. Thanks for the floaties AnimalHouse!

geauxfly said:
BH,
I'll check with him on that one. Sorry I didn't think to ask earlier but I thought I had captured that info in the thread. From what I hear recently, the pool won't be drained until next spring. I don't know if that includes the people interviewing now and being dropped in the deep end or not... I don't figure on getting into training until Jan/Feb at best with my mid-May interview date. At best, there looks to be 4 training classes left in this year and we're not through with the Feb interviewees. Thanks for the floaties AnimalHouse!
I'm not sure it's that doom and gloom. They are up to around half of the 28 Feb/1Mar interview date from what I understand. Essentially, DUN with February! And, the 2 Oct class is, after all, only one week after the 25 Sep class. That could very well mean there will be 3 classes of roughly 20-22 guys in October. The rate of hire in April was very, very low based on other posts I've read so I don't think it'll take to long to race through April. I think you'll find that it moves faster than you anticipate. Hard to see it that way when you're treading water, I know.

Thanks Malter....just swallowed a little water (and some self-pity). The not knowing part is the tough one as I'm sure everyone realizes. I'm just hoping for bigger classes than 14!

Latest resources

Back