• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Poolie Calls, Fourth Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Buddy who started MD-11 indoc today (only 8 in class) was told the LAST MD-11 class will be held 14AUG (all ANC slots will then be full). A 727 class on the same date will start also. To avoid seniority preference issues which occured before 31JUL class, mentioned maybe MD-11 class will start at 0800, and 727 start at 0900 to allow for deconfliction (for example).

After that, the gates will open to drain pool for 727...things will get busy for the 727 pipeline.

Anybody heard anything else?

Hang in there fellow poolies....
:)

Nope, nothing here. Just thinking that my whiz quiz will expire, AGAIN (said w/Forrest Gump accent), mid-September. I'm hoping that the calls for the next class at the end of Aug go out this week. With any luck that will wipe out the Jan Poolies. Not to open up another bean counting session, but does anyone have anymore intel on those left in the pool from Jan.?

Nothing new, sorry...

I'm in the 727 class that starts on 15 Aug. It appears that the MD11 new-hire class starts on Monday, 14 Aug. Then us 727 folks have the letter for a start on Tuesday, 15 Aug.

Roger that PN, that makes sense to me. Thanks for the clarification.

8 in class today - ANC
18 for class 14 Aug - ANC
14 for class 15 Aug - 727

~ 200 in pool
M&G's in Nov'ish
Interviews 1st of year

JL and PC to talk to us tomorrow...maybe some better information then

Cheers!

Purple Nugget said:
Nothing new, sorry...

I'm in the 727 class that starts on 15 Aug. It appears that the MD11 new-hire class starts on Monday, 14 Aug. Then us 727 folks have the letter for a start on Tuesday, 15 Aug.

Purple Nugget - What was your interview date again? Any idea on the latest interview dates from the others in your 15 Aug class? I know we'd all love to know that once you guys start.

...latest intel I got from my FEDEX sources 2 wks ago was that most, if not all, of the Jan guys would start in Sep.

First guy to get called for a Sep 727 class date please chime in ASAP with interview date!

Mahalo

DLax85 said:
...latest intel I got from my FEDEX sources 2 wks ago was that most, if not all, of the Jan guys would start in Sep.
Man, I sure hope the Jan guys are in class by mid-Sep! I heard that the plan was to drain the pool completely by Dec. I don't know that they can make that happen if the first Feb guys don't go until Oct. I guess it all depends on how many remain in the pool from Jan. That's the million dollar question right now.

(Purple Nugget interviewed Jan 10/11..........)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back