• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's finally time to dry off!

KD called today!! :D

I'm in the Aug 28th 727 class.

I interviewed Jan 18/19.

Good luck poolies!
See you in MEM! :beer:

Great job Navyflyer! The 727 is great. Being a panel monkey is a great way to see how things work and get good at pouring scalding hot coffee in turbulence. The right seat is probably the easiest job in the world as long as you can turn on the pitot heat. For those that go straight to the 727 right seat, remember to ask the S/O for for some coffee right about the time all the paper work is showing up, then put your seat all the way back so he can't open up the desk.

Good job to all - hopefully its a big class.

Last edited:
fartknocker, navyflyer, & iflyasaab,

Congratulations, go dry off and have several beers! It's been a long time coming. Thanks for the intel over the past several months. Good to hear they're approaching the end of Jan.

See you in the coffee line!

Malter

Aug 28, 727 Memphis Class

Got the call from KD during lunch today.

Aug 28...727 Memphis class

Interviewed Jan 18/19.

OK, now for the egg on my face....after suggesting in my last post that someone just ask KD how far the 727 classes will be spread out, I forgot to ask that question before I hung up the phone.

I guess the first round of beers is definitely on me.

For those still in the pool, I think it's pretty clear a class will be starting every 2 weeks (...though there may be a hiccup near Labor Day, just as there was during the 4th of July holiday)

See you all in Memphis in 20 days!

DLax85 said:
Got the call from KD during lunch today.

Aug 28...727 Memphis class

Interviewed Jan 18/19.

OK, now for the egg on my face....after suggesting in my last post that someone just ask KD how far the 727 classes will be spread out, I forgot to ask that question before I hung up the phone.

I guess the first round of beers is definitely on me.

For those still in the pool, I think it's pretty clear a class will be starting every 2 weeks (...though there may be a hiccup near Labor Day, just as there was during the 4th of July holiday)

See you all in Memphis in 20 days!
Congrats Fartknocker and DLax85!

I will add this: once they start the "normal" 727 classes they may go back to the traditional class spacing, which is start a class on Mon, start another the next Mon, and then wait 3 weeks for the next class. It is still 2 a month, it is just the way they tend to space them. I doubt Labor Day will impact the training schedule at all, but who knows, FWIW.

In any case, the good news is that hiring will continue in earnest here through the end of the year and interviews should start up again in Jan/Feb. I'll bet that will current growth you guys will be able to hold right seat of the 72 in the spring bid if you don't get it in new hire slot.

Welcome aboard!

FJ

Looking at the 72 training letter, it would appear that the 28 Aug class will start 727 ground school training on Sep 13. There is another ground school period on the 20th that is wide open, so I would look for another new hire class to start on Sep 4th or 5th if they were to take Labor Day off (I don't think they will).

The next openings would correlate to new hire classes starting on the 25th of Sep and Oct 2nd (if they are 727 classes which I think is a pretty good assumption).

Again, these are just SWAGs from what I can glean from the training letter, don't hold me to them. It will be interesting to see if they match up.

FJ

Congratulations to All of You!!

Hey navyflier, I could use some floaties! My arms are getting tired.

M&G 30 Nov

Inter 7/8 Feb

Pool Ltr 1 Mar

7 in sim, 7 inter, don't know how many got the letter but I do know that one is already working at SWA.

Good Luck in training and please don't forget about us in the deep end. Throw us a bone once in a while, along with a couple of energy bars. But don't give Malter any more beer, the water is already 10 degrees warmer around him as it is.

Thanks FJ, skykid, Malter1! Congrats to all who have been floating since Jan-ish also!

Animal house: here's my floaties...hope you won't need them as long as I did!:laugh:

See you all in MEM!
:beer:

Latest resources

Back