• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Poolie Calls, Fourth Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I interviewed the same days (Jan 10/11) as Purple Nugget and haven't heard anything yet.. I guess I would be getting close.. but I'm done making predictions about this process.

Jumbo Pilot said:
I interviewed the same days (Jan 10/11) as Purple Nugget and haven't heard anything yet.. I guess I would be getting close.. but I'm done making predictions about this process.
Screw the "don't call us, we'll call you" in the pool letter. If I were you, I'd be on the phone with KD to see what gives. You've got more discipline than I........
This process has gotten us all fired up. I'm not sure how so many have been able to keep from calling.

Last edited:
Malter1 said:
Screw the "don't call us, we'll call you" in the pool letter. If I were you, I'd be on the phone with KD to see what gives. You've got more discipline than I........
This process has gotten us all fired up. I'm not sure how so many have been able to keep from calling.

Why dont you give her a call and enlighten all the poolies for us.........

Just trying to egg someone on.........I wouldn't recommend bugging them unless I had an idea that I may have been passed over. If someone says they've been put in a class from after the 10/11 Jan group and Jumbo Pilot has not heard anything, then I'm sure they'd want to know that because a mistake has probably occurred........

Call them and be very polite, most of the people there are extremely nice and helpful. They know your life is held on hold. I called before I was hired and if there is anything they could give you, they will. Try the angle that you are thinking of moving to MEM and trying to decide when you should move or have the kids start school, use your imagination, just be very polite and nice.
Good luck!!

A buddy of mine just got hired at JB and they assigned a captain to serve as his mentor and keep him updated on things via email. He told him when to expect training, how many are in the pool, etc., etc. It's a good thing. It allows guys to plan out the next year of their lives with a ballpark idea of what to expect.

Now don't get me wrong. I'd rather have spent the past several months in a dark dungeon and have a FedEx job waiting for me than to work for anyone else, but it would be nice to have the company send the message that we're going to be a part of the team. I was offered could have gone to a fighter RTU in this span of time but declined thinking my training date was just around the bend. It affects a lot more than just the individual in the pool.

PurpleChimp said:
I'd rather have spent the past several months in a dark dungeon and have a FedEx job waiting for me than to work for anyone else, but it would be nice to have the company send the message that we're going to be a part of the team....

The company knows this and is sending you the message they want you to hear.

IMHO, its another test of your loyalty to the team.

I interviewed in late March and just got the call to start early Sep. who knows what's going on with this process...

noreaster said:
I interviewed in late March and just got the call to start early Sep. who knows what's going on with this process...
I'm assuming you're comm. jammin' us. I have a hard time buying that story..........

noreaster,
You posted on 05/03/06 that you "interviewed there last week", that would make your interview end of April...different from March interview as you mentioned above...which is it? What acft were you offered?

Latest resources

Back