• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex plane runs off runway at ORD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's been a bad 5 years for Fed Ex (ref the CP rant letter thread that was pulled). Nobody cares though, its cargo, and no pax are involved, no lawsuits, no lawyers chasing ambulances and nobody crying bloody murder on TV that they "almost died."

That is unless over 1/2 my case of Chia Pets I ordered from Taiwan arrive broken before Xmas. If so, it's lawsuit time.

This just doesn't seem like that big a deal to me. Obviously, putting a truck in the mud isn't good, but really it's not so uncommon...and considering the wx, not to tough to do. For the reasons that 737 pylt said, as well as many others, nobody will care. No injuries, probably no damage...heck, they probably took so long towing it in because they unloaded the packages first so they could get there in time.

Big Deal! I just hope the crew gets some support, since they got to their destination safely with such bad weather.

Heck, it's probably even good for marketing. People see that and think, 'My Chia Pet got here and Aunt Martha didn't, yippie!' Great PR, Brilliant!!

pr

Fng...

You think that pictures of an airplane off the rwy in the mud is good pr??? I hate to see what would have to happen to have bad pr...

Aviator7576

Why isn't UPS having these problems? And they even hire people with less than honorable discharges from the Airforce I'm finding out..

haven't heard all the details...was during rollout? Taxiing? ect.

It's been a bad 5 years for Fed Ex (ref the CP rant letter thread that was pulled). Nobody cares though, its cargo, and no pax are involved, no lawsuits, no lawyers chasing ambulances and nobody crying bloody murder on TV that they "almost died."

Maybe the pilots should sue the airplane manufacturer. :rolleyes: I mean, now they might have post traumatic stress disorder. Or how about the seat manufacturer.....maybe if they had more comfortable seats, they would not have run off the runway. Maybe their shoes slipped off the rudder pedals.....maybe they could sue the shoe manufacturer. Any other ideas? I mean, the pilots could freak out and say they almost died. Maybe then someone will care. :D

Fng...

You think that pictures of an airplane off the rwy in the mud is good pr??? I hate to see what would have to happen to have bad pr...

Aviator7576

I've seen the picture, it's an airplane sitting in the snow...viewed from about 500yards away. It looks calm and pleasant. Remember, we're talking about the average public consumer. He's thinking, damn...I'm glad they got here with my shiznit even thought the pax carriers canc'd everything.

This is not a hit on the pax carriers, the public would be livid if one of them had slid off the runway and I support the preemptive cancellations. I'm just pointing out how I feel the public views stuff like this. They view it from a very personal and 'how does this effect me' standpoint.

Bottom line, I don't think anybody stopped shipping their stuff on Fedex because of this story/picture.

Latest resources

Back