• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex plane runs off runway at ORD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Namely , we know she didn't have an Honorable Discharge from the military.
I think a lot of us would consider that a red flag in the process. What do you think?
I believe in redemption. I hope she has turned her life around and is making good choices. I also think her "I'm a victim!" bit was lame.

I think that if an application came by my desk and the person just got out of the military due to a Dishonorable Discharge.....then they wouldn't have a chance at getting an interview....much less a job.

Now if another application came by my desk, and that Dishonorable had happened a long time ago, the person had showed some stability and maturation in their life since then....then I can see where the interview could happen....and depending on how certain questions were answered, a job offer could even be made....because as we all know....everyone that gets called in for an interview is considered employable....until they "blow" the interview.

I too believe in redemption...complete. To hold one accountable for actions/statements at a younger age...would be to have them pay a price for the remainder of their lives. I believe we all learn and grow from our mistakes...and all of us on this board ( with probably one exeption) have made them. We make a mistake, we learn from it, we change our direction and try to make better decisions in the future.

In this case, I am actually happy that it paid off for this person.

Tejas

An Ops boss not letting a female pilot (who he is treating to a tube steak dinner every night) fly a specific mission because of the risks involved, but chooses some other pilot, thus ensuring his bishop gets polished for at least one more night.

That is why bosses are not allowed to sleep with subordinates in the military.

Ok, I understand. You guys/gals have all cleared that up for me. Even though I don't like people butting into my personal life, I can definitely see why the rules are like they are.

BTW, thanks to everyone that has the ba!!s to go into the military and possibly give their life up for all of us wussies that don't want to. :)

V70T5...

Lighten up Frances...get off your high horse and enjoy a lighthearted comment...from what I've heard there are no complaints about Mega's flying skills ...so I can dish out a compliment that in no way disparages her flying abilities and compliments her looks at the same time...would you prefer I say she is the ugliest woman I have ever seen with wings?(absolutely not the case, that honor belongs to one of my primary students who did get jets...)...some people can actually fly the airplane and not look half bad in the sort over a cup of coffee....

JMO

Aviator7576

Awwww, thanks! Happy Holidays!

Latest resources

Back