• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Revokes the two NWA Pilots licenses

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They did fall asleep... then lied about it. 1 1/2 hours of no communication and not once peeking at their MFD to see where they were? Because they were on a laptop? Do they take us for idiots?

If true. Interesting they thought arguing or distracted by a laptop was somehow better than admitting to sleeping.

I wonder if they had kept their mouths SHUT and spoken to ALPA legal what the outcome would have been?

If true. Interesting they thought arguing or distracted by a laptop was somehow better than admitting to sleeping.

I wonder if they had kept their mouths SHUT and spoken to ALPA legal what the outcome would have been?

I suspect they would still have the pilot certificates they worked so hard for!

So now, the NTSB has started the 48 hour clock to determine if a threat to safety exists.

What's interesting is that the NTSB must have felt these guys would be doing personal flying or be reinstated to the line. As it were, they were currently removed from airline flying status, so the emergency order would have no effect in their professional conduct.

Last edited:

Great point. If they lied, the outcome is much worse. Admit to sleeping, pull the fatigue card and try to improve rest/duty requirement, get terminated for inexusable behavior in the flight deck. 1 year later when public forgets, ALPA gets their jobs back. Honesty is always the best policy.

I doubt the FO will answer his door tonight!
I would. Then I would be the media whooping boy when it came to the airlines problems. I would be the whistle blower and make some cash off of it.
There is no reason for them to try and get other flying jobs, the money they would make wouldn't be worth it.

Latest resources

Back