• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Revokes the two NWA Pilots licenses

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just out of curiosity, did they revoke all of their certificate privileges or just Commercial/ATP privileges?

We should all reserve judgment until all the investigation is over and all of the information is out.

This comment makes no sense, given what they themselves have told investigators. Are you telling me that we as professional pilots should be given the kind of latitude that would result in not monitoring your progress and radios for such a long period of time?

Seriously, shouldn't they get their pepes spanked? For the good of the entire profession?

Everyone that believes they missed all of those calls and chimes for over an hour due to looking at a laptop....please PM me about several prime real estate opportunities. Some of these include magnificent bridges and treasure maps.

Sure isn't. Especially when the FBI is asking the questions. You have GOT to come clean when the FBI asks you a question. Simple as that!

That is not what Gen Lee told me when I started asking about the goat wearing a dress in his backyard......

-He stated something about a date, then "it is none of your business-get back to flying that RJ to LBB!"

Just out of curiosity, did they revoke all of their certificate privileges or just Commercial/ATP privileges?

Dude- No offense-honestly-but what difference does it make? These guys are hosed!

Great point. If they lied, the outcome is much worse. Admit to sleeping, pull the fatigue card and try to improve rest/duty requirement, get terminated for inexusable behavior in the flight deck. 1 year later when public forgets, ALPA gets their jobs back. Honesty is always the best policy.

It would be a bit of a stretch to pull the fatigue card on the first leg after a 19 hour layover.

That being said, this all happened too fast for me. Wonder what the outcome would have been if it was not such a slow week in the media?

They lying may be hard to prove...but obstruction of justice?

Yes, it is a felony. I'm not sure what class of felony in Minnesota, but it is a felony.

It is a federal offense in all of USA to lie during a federal investigation, whether it is before NTSB, FBI, or Congress, or to your IRS tax man. The code is here.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00001001----000-.html

It does NOT require a "sworn statement" or "oath" however that will of course help the case. If you are clearly participating in a "official" inquiry, you must tell the truth. Or "unable to comment per my Attorney".

They should have immediately retained an attorney, and not given ANY statements to the media like the FO did.

If evidence comes to light that they lied, they can be criminally indicted by a Grand Jury, the threshold for indictment being much lower than "beyond a reasonable doubt" required for guilty verdict in a trial. You can indict a ham sandwich.

Sad day

Aussie, Sounds like you are a perfect pilot based off of your responses on this subject. With all of the experience you have you should be at a much higher level of a aviation career than you've reached. God help you if you ever make any mistakes because you will be crucified as you obviously believe these pilots should be.

What the heck??

Why would you make a comment like that? Because I (and most others) agree that they were sleeping then it makes me high-and-mighty and I somehow think I'm immune to making a mistake.... WRONG, I never made any comments even close to insinuating that.

Here's what I'm saying. It's clear to me that these guys were asleep, and then lied to cover it up. If I make a mistake (and I do from time to time) it's not because I was willfully disobeying FAR's and SOP's (as these guys claim to have done with their laptop story).

If I ever make the news for doing something stupid you can bet I won't lie about it and invent some story that I think doesn't sound as bad as what actually happened.

How you go from that to somehow me having Chuck Yeager syndrome is beyond me, I think you might need to re-evaluate your interpretation of the comments I made, sir.

What the heck??

Why would you make a comment like that? Because I (and most others) agree that they were sleeping then it makes me high-and-mighty and I somehow think I'm immune to making a mistake.... WRONG, I never made any comments even close to insinuating that.

Here's what I'm saying. It's clear to me that these guys were asleep, and then lied to cover it up. If I make a mistake (and I do from time to time) it's not because I was willfully disobeying FAR's and SOP's (as these guys claim to have done with their laptop story).

If I ever make the news for doing something stupid you can bet I won't lie about it and invent some story that I think doesn't sound as bad as what actually happened.

How you go from that to somehow me having Chuck Yeager syndrome is beyond me, I think you might need to re-evaluate your interpretation of the comments I made, sir.

You'll have to excuse AA>> and the rest of the major airline boys that have been basking in all of their experienced glory post Colgan and Comair.
Seems a little luck has intervened to keep their mishaps non-lethal.

Yes, it is a felony. I'm not sure what class of felony in Minnesota, but it is a felony.
Because they would be federal charges, the state in which it took place does not govern the class. The Fed has 1 code. A class A felony is a class a whether the crime took place in Alaska or Arkansas. Location makes no difference.

If it were a crime against the state, then the respective state's law would apply, and as you know, they differ from state to state.

Latest resources

Back