• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Revokes the two NWA Pilots licenses

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Regional carriers had four fatal crashes that killed 85 people over the past five years, according to federal data. Over the same period, one person died in a major airline crash.
"This is where the accidents are occurring," said NTSB Vice Chairman Robert Sumwalt in a speech he delivered on the subject.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-02-06-regionalsafety_N.htm

Did that guy not hear about the Air France crash? It didnt just disappear into the Bermuda triangle

I wouldn't be surprised because I flew those schedules, too. Rj pilots are not "scum of the earth", they are commuter airline pilots. Commuter airline pilots fly the same approaches, under the same meteorlogical conditions, with the same responsibility to the lives of passengers just as as major air airline pilots do. They are paid less because they have less experience, they fly more because the legs are shorter.
It's called building experience: there's no shorcut, no pay for play, and no "I have a friend at XYZ..." that can substitute for it.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hilarious. What an ego inflated idiot. Hi General Lee. Is that you? Are you retarded? Regional (Commuter- to use your try at insult) pilots are NOT simply building time and experience. They are there every day doing the same job you are. There are a high percentage at most every Regional on par with time and experience at your Major. In the past, the Majors hired VERY low time pilots just as the Regionals have in the recent past. And I will bet you 1 years pay you cannot find 1 actual statistic anywhere on this planet that can substantiate your claim that you are twice as likely to die on a Regional flight! What a self-serving slice of garbage you dished out there! You guys that need to trash others to feel better about yourselves are so sad. If you wanna play the who crashed crashed game, we can do that any time.

PS. Why don't you call your local FSDO and ask them if there is one level of safety? I'm curious as to what they would say.

Did that guy not hear about the Air France crash? It didnt just disappear into the Bermuda triangle

Or the 767 that could have very easily landed on top of a taxiing aircraft.

Latest resources

Back