• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9/RAH meeting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If it were a one for one trade (LBB for say CDG) then Id be with you. You have a net loss of mainline flying due to codesharing. Fewer pilots on the DAL list. New destinations have not kept up with what you have given away. Great that you added 100+ intl destinations. You should have kept LBB and MAF and stopped the spread of "C" scale pilots whoring themselves out and diminishing your(our) leverage during contract time. If SWA starts service from AMA to Pampa in a 402, it will be flown by a SWAPA pilot getting paid SWAPA negotiated rates, or it wont fly. Thats the way it is for us and the way it should be for DAL and everyone else. Dont pretend not to know that this has harmed the pilot profession. No one can be that stupid. There is no way for you to win this debate.

Why Frontier did not take up the deal by SWAPA:

1. There was not enough time to work out a fair agreement.

2. Frontier pilots stood a much better chance at maintaining their known QOL with Republic, including maintaining pay, employment, and base (for most pilots)

3. Given more time, F9 pilots may have felt better about and understand the offers made by SWAPA.

Ok. Lets try this again, for the last and final time.

There was no deal to "take up". Period. End of story.

SWAPA and FAPA were negotiating an integration, and the negotiations required an extension from the court along with a modification in the SWA bid itself.

Neither one of those things occurred, so there was no "choice" by FAPA. Even if everyone would have jumped at the staple, the SWA bid was not a qualified bid.

Why is this so hard to understand?

To say that "Given more time, F9 pilots may have felt better about and understand the offers made by SWAPA" is also false. SWAPA made one offer, and FAPA made one counter. There was agreement on several issues, but there was no "misunderstanding" on any of the remaining issues. The plan was for both parties to meet again the next day and possibly over the weekend but those meetings never occurred due to the fact that SWA pulled their bid.

This is like one of those stories that never dies, and the longer it lives the farther and farther it creeps from reality.

If it were a one for one trade (LBB for say CDG) then Id be with you. You have a net loss of mainline flying due to codesharing. Fewer pilots on the DAL list. New destinations have not kept up with what you have given away. Great that you added 100+ intl destinations. You should have kept LBB and MAF and stopped the spread of "C" scale pilots whoring themselves out and diminishing your(our) leverage during contract time. If SWA starts service from AMA to Pampa in a 402, it will be flown by a SWAPA pilot getting paid SWAPA negotiated rates, or it wont fly. Thats the way it is for us and the way it should be for DAL and everyone else. Dont pretend not to know that this has harmed the pilot profession. No one can be that stupid. There is no way for you to win this debate.

Ding ding ding! But don't think you'll stop the Genital from at least arguing with you.

Ask him how much of his coveted international flying Delta North is paring next year.

Gup

The whole thing was for Gary Kelly to get a look into Frontier's books to see how they do things in DEN....plain and simple....he knew the deal was dead in the water and "stood by" the pilots to look good and make a good gesture.

I have seen that book as well.

Chapter 1. Person buys a ticket
Chapter 2. Person presents that ticket to a somewhat bitter gate agent and boards a plane with an animal on the tail.
Chapter 3. That same plane is filled with other people, and the big door in the front is closed.
Chapter 4. Plane makes noise, flies from denver to another city.
Chapter 5. Ticket buyers exit
Chapter 6. repeat chapters 1-5

F9 was publicly held, between the SEC and the DOT, I can't think of any "book" that may shed light on the operation better than the required filings. I only wish there was such a book and that Jeff Potter would have read the thing from cover to cover.

Ok. Lets try this again, for the last and final time.

There was no deal to "take up". Period. End of story.

SWAPA and FAPA were negotiating an integration, and the negotiations required an extension from the court along with a modification in the SWA bid itself.

Neither one of those things occurred, so there was no "choice" by FAPA. Even if everyone would have jumped at the staple, the SWA bid was not a qualified bid.

Why is this so hard to understand?

To say that "Given more time, F9 pilots may have felt better about and understand the offers made by SWAPA" is also false. SWAPA made one offer, and FAPA made one counter. There was agreement on several issues, but there was no "misunderstanding" on any of the remaining issues. The plan was for both parties to meet again the next day and possibly over the weekend but those meetings never occurred due to the fact that SWA pulled their bid.

This is like one of those stories that never dies, and the longer it lives the farther and farther it creeps from reality.

This is whitewash. The reason so many of us have our popcorn out, waiting for the train wreck is that it is clear in my opinion, that Stemmler made a deal with the devil, I mean Bryan Bedford weeks before the auction even occurred. He did it without a vote of the membership. Again, in my opinion? Stemmler had already made the choice for everyone. That's why there was no serious negotiating, no return telephone calls and MIA the day after.

Your revisionist history makes me salivate all that much more for my front seat view of your career getting "loved" by the Teamsters and Bedford.

Why do all the Frontier guys hop around the point that there was a meeting between Stemmler and Bedford and a whole deal was made in advance of the auction?

Did you not know that? I can't imagine that. Do you think it's something so private that you can't mention it? Aren't you proud of it? I mean, he "saved" you by doing this, why aren't you bragging about it?

My brother shearedshaft tells the same story I have heard - except I heard it from my old sim partner at F9 who's been there over 10 years.

Gup

Stemmler made a deal with Bedford? Huh? I mean, do you guys really believe this lunacy? I have read some stupid things on FI before but this has developed an entirely new level of stupid.

How in the F could two people make a deal outside of the UCC? You do realize that there were several members of the UCC, each of which was owed millions, some hundreds of millions of dollars.

Then there is the problem with the SEC and FINRA due to the fact that FRNT.PK was traded until Oct. 1.

Then there is the personal liability that Stemmler would have with a DFR lawsuit.

And what about the Honorable Mr. Drain? I am sure he was in on the entire "secret deal", right.

Wow.

I could go on and on but I have already wasted too much time on total nonsense.

Latest resources

Back