Email from Airtran MEC: Secret MOU between SWA and SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kharma,

I would have voted for SL9, that would have preserved AAI CP seats...even a DOH result would not have delayed my upgrade...I earned my seat by getting hired by SWA and spending 10.5 years as a SWA FO, you wont' be able to say that when you upgrade at SWA, you got your position at the expense of RSW pilots...nice job carpetbagger...

Ha! Ha!, Carpetbagger?!?, nice use of post, "War Between the States" lingo (Civil War, to you Yankees). Call me what you want but the fact remains, you upgraded as soon as our captains crossed the partition, rationalize it however you want because, Jimmy Crack Corn and I don't care. Enjoy the left seat, you earned it (sort of).

MJ, you are delusional at worst and misinformed at best. There would have been NO preservation of CA seats with the first SLI agreement. Get that through your thick skull.

How did I get a position "at the expense of a RSW pilot?" You guys were stagnant from 2008 and the only reason there has been any hiring/upgrading at SWA is because of this merger.

It seems like you are still trying to prove that you are big tough guy with nerves of steel and a brain full of knowledge. You are just a COD guy trying to act like an fighter pilot. It don't work and everyone sees through your charade.

Phred

Only as SWA reported it. Growth was project as flat for the next several years ( 5 I think) and no international in the near future.
And your CEO was stating basically survivor mode and the future wasnt looking very bright. I have the quotes, have posted them several times. So whats your point? I think our growth was stagnated for an obvious reason, but you guys are to blind to understand this. Are you really that dumb to think the only way SWA could go Intl was by buying your little airline? Just an easier means and eliminated a thorn in the side. What a joke you guys have become.

For your reading pleasure again!

Quote:
01/27/2010 CEO Robert Fornaro addressed the issue during a conference call Wednesday to discuss the airline's fourth-quarter financial results. QUESTION: How do you view the industry landscape and your prospects for growth in an improving economy?

Quote:

RESPONSE: "It's not our plan to scour the market and look for new planes. ... Right now, it's financial success first for us."

Quote:
2010-04-22
Quote:

ATLANTA -- AirTran Airways isn't putting up a for-sale sign, but the CEO of the discount carrier said Wednesday it would consider a combination with another carrier if approached and if such a deal made sense for the company and shareholders. CEO Robert Fornaro made the comments during a conference call with investors to discuss the airline's first-quarter financial results. Higher fuel prices stung AirTran, causing the usually profitable airline to post a $12 million loss for the first three months of the year.

Quote:
2009-02-06
Quote:

Comments ATLANTA (Map, News) - Discount carrier AirTran Airways doesn't expect any overall growth for two years as it tries to weather the severe downturn in the U.S. economy, though it will add service in Milwaukee in a renewed effort to gain market share there, Chief Executive Robert Fornaro said Thursday. Fornaro told a gathering of analysts at the Raymond James & Associates Growth Airline Conference that AirTran will cut capacity in 2009 and likely will be flat in terms of capacity in 2010, but in 2011 it could (doesnt mean it would) grow at least 5 percent. In the meantime, it will make a push in Milwaukee.

Quote:

AirTran pilots to picket outside annual meeting

Originally published: May 17, 2010 4:37 PM
By The Associated Press HARRY R. WEBER (AP Airlines Writer)
ATLANTA - (AP) — AirTran Airways' pilots plan to picket outside the discount carrier's annual meeting to step up pressure on management over the workers' more than five-year effort to secure a new contract with better wages and quality-of-life improvements.
They also expect to announce during Tuesday's shareholders' meeting in Milwaukee that rank-and-file pilots have authorized the union to call a strike if it chooses.
At stake is AirTran's low-cost advantage over larger rivals that has allowed it to lead the way on fare sales and usually still turn a profit. AirTran posted a small loss for the first quarter but said it expects future cost pressures from fuel and maintenance. Additional labor costs could further affect its bottom line.

Come on Vixen, stop being Debbie Downer here. You know Bob was ready to drop some serious coin on these guys and bring them up to....well, just below industry average.

Kharma,

I just found it entertaining, and I think you did too. Just a interesting word to pull out of the dictionary. Your Jimmy Crack Corn was pretty good too. This place is good for a laugh every now and then.

I earned my seat by getting hired by SWA and spending 10.5 years as a SWA FO, you wont' be able to say that when you upgrade at SWA, you got your position at the expense of RSW pilots...nice job carpetbagger...

So does that work for every ex-AT guy? After I've been at SWA 10-15 years as an FO will I have earned my upgrade?

Come on Vixen, stop being Debbie Downer here. You know Bob was ready to drop some serious coin on these guys and bring them up to....well, just below industry average.

Kharma,

I just found it entertaining, and I think you did too. Just a interesting word to pull out of the dictionary. Your Jimmy Crack Corn was pretty good too. This place is good for a laugh every now and then.

This whole website is entertaining.

Latest resources

Back