• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Email from Airtran MEC: Secret MOU between SWA and SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's all about CP seats....they wanted the pay, benefits, seniority, seat protections...all at the expense of RSW pilots...in short they wanted it all and the pilots from the bigger/stronger airline get squat...they may be in the ALPA play book but you got enuff in this deal...

Wacky Jackie . . . didn't you benefit from this deal by upgrading into an AirTran CA seat? Sounds like you have a guilty conscience.

Enjoy the years at the bottom, once the floodgates open in 2015, you'll be sucking hind tit for a long, long time. I'd save your whining and crying for then. :laugh:

Wacky Jackie . . . didn't you benefit from this deal by upgrading into an AirTran CA seat? Sounds like you have a guilty conscience.

Enjoy the years at the bottom, once the floodgates open in 2015, you'll be sucking hind tit for a long, long time. I'd save your whining and crying for then. :laugh:

I'm sure they already have a secret side letter to fix that.......

Why would you expect any of our Captain seats?

Did you have them before the merger?

What is the point to this question answering his question.

It is of no coincidence that your contract was settled shortly after the announcement of the purchase. You very likely would still be earning those previous wages.

What is the point to this question answering his question.

It is of no coincidence that your contract was settled shortly after the announcement of the purchase. You very likely would still be earning those previous wages.

What's likely also is that SW would have continued to be stagnant with nowhere else to grow in the CONUS and your senior FOs wouldn't have any left seats to "capture".

As it is, they will front load as many CA seats as possible and then stagnate again for ten years.

Not feeling guilty at all, spent 10.5 years as an FO at SWA...I would have uprgraded regardless of the merger...but I would hope the angry agitators in ATL that killed the first deal taking food off the table of their own would feel a little guilt, but that is expecting way too much!

Not feeling guilty at all, spent 10.5 years as an FO at SWA...I would have uprgraded regardless of the merger...but I would hope the angry agitators in ATL that killed the first deal taking food off the table of their own would feel a little guilt, but that is expecting way too much!

Funny, that's what they all say. You didn't earn that seat, it was taken from someone else then handed to you.

Kharma,

I would have voted for SL9, that would have preserved AAI CP seats...even a DOH result would not have delayed my upgrade...I earned my seat by getting hired by SWA and spending 10.5 years as a SWA FO, you wont' be able to say that when you upgrade at SWA, you got your position at the expense of RSW pilots...nice job carpetbagger...

Latest resources

Back