• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Email from Airtran MEC: Secret MOU between SWA and SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And your CEO was stating basically survivor mode and the future wasnt looking very bright. I have the quotes, have posted them several times. So whats your point? I think our growth was stagnated for an obvious reason, but you guys are to blind to understand this. Are you really that dumb to think the only way SWA could go Intl was by buying your little airline? Just an easier means and eliminated a thorn in the side. What a joke you guys have become.

A joke was when you guys finally were granted permission to fly to San Juan after several failed attempts during your proving runs and then celebrating like you just landed on the moon.....

What's likely also is that SW would have continued to be stagnant with nowhere else to grow in the CONUS and your senior FOs wouldn't have any left seats to "capture".

Most of the retirements are from RSW side, Upgrades would have started anyway.

We would have flown out of the US at some point. AT didn't invent that either. Things move slow here. Slow and steady, thats why/how we got to where we are. Thats how we bought, Muse Air, Morris Air and AirTran. Our CEO wasn't the one begging another company to buy them over the years (AT did that with 3 different SWA CEOs).

You guys are lucky to be here. I know you can't see it, but if GK had told the truth, there would have been no law that required you to be combined. It would have "sucked worst" for y'all then your current level of suck.

You guys all had a transition bid...Y'all made your strategy. Much like your strategy to accept employment at AT. Things change, rules change, life happens. You guys are crying becuase Southwest is trying to manage their company and was a party to the SLI agreement. This is all over spilled milk. This is along the lines of one of our guys that said to me the other day: "If we had voted no, GK would have had no cloice but not to intergrate AT Pilots" - this makes me laugh, because GK has a Company to run, and he is not going to blow a deal over some angry pilots. (just the facts).

Some folks strategy will work like a charm and others wont. I call it "levels of pain". There are levels of pain on both sides.

If you're one of those people that can't look into the future 2-5 years then I would encourage anybody that is not happy to leave and go somewhere else to fly. Fed Ex newhires are going into the right seat of the B777 I'm told. (I didn't even know they had them).

Funny, that's what they all say. You didn't earn that seat, it was taken from someone else then handed to you.

Funny how you voted to allow it to happen. You should have voted no. Free will. Now if 5 people decided for you, you would have room to complain.

We would have flown out of the US at some point. AT didn't invent that either. Things move slow here. Slow and steady, thats why/how we got to where we are. Thats how we bought, Muse Air, Morris Air and AirTran. Our CEO wasn't the one begging another company to buy them over the years (AT did that with 3 different SWA CEOs).

You guys are lucky to be here. I know you can't see it, but if GK had told the truth, there would have been no law that required you to be combined. It would have "sucked worst" for y'all then your current level of suck.

You guys all had a transition bid...Y'all made your strategy. Much like your strategy to accept employment at AT. Things change, rules change, life happens. You guys are crying becuase Southwest is trying to manage their company and was a party to the SLI agreement. This is all over spilled milk. This is along the lines of one of our guys that said to me the other day: "If we had voted no, GK would have had no cloice but not to intergrate AT Pilots" - this makes me laugh, because GK has a Company to run, and he is not going to blow a deal over some angry pilots. (just the facts).

Some folks strategy will work like a charm and others wont. I call it "levels of pain". There are levels of pain on both sides.

If you're one of those people that can't look into the future 2-5 years then I would encourage anybody that is not happy to leave and go somewhere else to fly. Fed Ex newhires are going into the right seat of the B777 I'm told. (I didn't even know they had them).

Funny how you voted to allow it to happen. You should have voted no. Free will. Now if 5 people decided for you, you would have room to complain.

You speak the truth. Big ups, respek.

I will point this out, and I'm sure the AA pilots are wondering this right about now too, what goes around, comes around.

Last edited:
Phil,

I know you feel bad but look in the mirror at the root cause...do u not like navy turboprops? We're u a fighter guy? congrats, u will soon be a RSW FO, like all SWA pilots start out, even the former MIG killers and astronauts, I know u wanted more but that's all you got...

Phil,

I know you feel bad but look in the mirror at the root cause...do u not like navy turboprops? We're u a fighter guy? congrats, u will soon be a RSW FO, like all SWA pilots start out, even the former MIG killers and astronauts, I know u wanted more but that's all you got...

I served in Poontang during the war....

Slow and steady is right:

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1922845

Latest resources

Back