• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL/NWA predictions.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think anyone wants a blood bath, that's why we worked so hard to come up with a transaction framework agreement that would have included all of us. That agreement died when we couldn't resolve the SLI issue amicably.

Plan "b" is to get the bennies we can get from our management for the DAL pilots with the leverage our contract provides.

I suggest the NWA pilots do the same with their management.

Really, because I see a lot of insinuation and veiled threats from you guys that DALPA is complicit in a management scheme to accelerate DC-9 retirements. Why would you guys want to do this? Perhaps it is your feeling that if you can help management down the path of retiring DC-9s and furloughing NWA pilots then an arbitrated SLI might... just might... work out a little more in your favor?

Case in point, somebody just said that the "crappy DC-9s" are needed to carry pax for the pacific feed, and you more or less said, "we'll see about that".

So.... honest question... If the opportunity arises for management to make an end run around NWA's Section 1, park more planes than would have previously been allowed, and furlough NWA pilots, will DALPA and Delta pilots be willing to let that stand or possibly help it along on the off chance that it could prove beneficial to you in the future?

We are obviously not going to agree on what got us to this point. What I want to know is, now that we are at this point, would you be willing to exploit an opportunity to advance your career at the expense of mine?

Last edited:
How do you think the TPG or whatever it is that bought Midwest will fit into this whole game?

NWA will have to divest because of the scope issue. So MidEx will cease to exist. Skywest is reasonably ramped up and can provide whatever feed NWA sees fit while it all shakes out.

I would agree with a previous poster to expect up to 1000 layoffs between the two groups.

We are obviously not going to agree on what got us to this point. What I want to know is, now that we are at this point, would you be willing to exploit an opportunity to advance your career at the expense of mine?

A lot of Jr DAL guys saw NWA trying to do just that. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

Still didn't answer my question.

Sure he did. You guys made your seniority grab with your paid for -9s, your seniority, your great balance sheet, your superior intelligence, etc.

Now what happens, happens. We hope it can be resolved amicably, but if not so be it. You had your chance, and held out for your usual-arbitration. You'll get it, eventually. In the meantime, you get exactly what you wanted: your own operation, your attrition, and your great balance sheet.

Sure he did. You guys made your seniority grab with your paid for -9s, your seniority, your great balance sheet, your superior intelligence, etc.

Now what happens, happens. We hope it can be resolved amicably, but if not so be it. You had your chance, and held out for your usual-arbitration. You'll get it, eventually. In the meantime, you get exactly what you wanted: your own operation, your attrition, and your great balance sheet.

No. He didn't. My question was, "What I want to know is, now that we are at this point, would you be willing to exploit an opportunity to advance your career at the expense of mine?" It's a simple question... yes or no... and I'm still waiting for an answer. All I've gotten so far is equivocation.

Still didn't answer my question.

Junior or not, no DAL --or-- NWA guy wants to exploit the other pilot group for his own benefit. Hold out as long as you can so that OTHER PARTIES sweeten the deal for us, but don't do it at the expense of each another. That's a zero-sum game that unfortunately produces 2 losers: the DAL guys may get a raise (with possible furloughs) while the NWA guys scuttle the deal in the coming years, so who really benefits? We pilots have to live with the consequences (esp the young guys) long after the perks have come and gone. Both sides can grandstand for their constituents as long as the clock keeps ticking, but when it stops, they need to work it out.

Everyone sees the mess at AWA and for the long term good of us all, we want to avoid it!

I really have a hard time believing the NWA guys would have walked away from such a sweet deal...IF it was one...

UNLESS a committee Chair was mad at NWA for his own screwjob at NWA during the Republic acquisition. He may have wanted to make up for his previous loss. Looking for a homerun, he really swung and missed, for all of you it seems.

We did lose 2000 senior guys who went for their pension pre-BK, but we also parked a lot of planes at that same time. (MD11s, 737-300s, 737-200s, 767-200s) We didn't gain that much when they left. This is something that hasn't happened to you, yet.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You go first.

No. I will not support NWALPA jumping in bed with NWA management to hatch a plan to accelerate retirement of MD-88s so we may be able to achieve a more favorable SLI. From our position, it appears that your leadership is doing exactly that. Now... will you support it?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back