• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL/NWA predictions.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why is anyone making the assumption of furloughs? That may be the case, but it also may be the case that they go right back to opening the interview 'gates' since the combined airline will have much more growing power, pricing power, and economies of scale.

ACL65Pilot,

Well I hope you don't get furloughed. I really don't know whats going to happen, but I think ALPA National needs to show some leadership. Where the h*ll is Prater anyway...

Why is anyone making the assumption of furloughs? That may be the case, but it also may be the case that they go right back to opening the interview 'gates' since the combined airline will have much more growing power, pricing power, and economies of scale.

fitz, I don't know how long you've been in this business but the scenario you suggest has NEVER happened. Name a merger between two major airlines that resulted in immediate growth? The best you can hope for is to hold your position.

NWA has a bunch of 1960's-era DC9's and as much as I love that airplane, I've got a better chance of drinking beer from what's left of them next year than anyone at the combined carrier has of flying them to Fargo.

To the NWA guys: If Delta tries to operate you separately for one second longer than necessary, you file a single carrier petition and head for arbitration.

These are the same guys who high-fived the day they took over the PanAm shuttle while putting the PAA guys on the street without a second thought. ALPA brothers my a$$! TC

fitz, I don't know how long you've been in this business but the scenario you suggest has NEVER happened. Name a merger between two major airlines that resulted in immediate growth? The best you can hope for is to hold your position.

NWA has a bunch of 1960's-era DC9's and as much as I love that airplane, I've got a better chance of drinking beer from what's left of them next year than anyone at the combined carrier has of flying them to Fargo.

To the NWA guys: If Delta tries to operate you separately for one second longer than necessary, you file a single carrier petition and head for arbitration.

These are the same guys who high-fived the day they took over the PanAm shuttle while putting the PAA guys on the street without a second thought. ALPA brothers my a$$! TC

And how long would that take? How many DC9s will be parked before that arbitration is anywhere near settled?

What you really need to do is look at Delta's history after a merger. The have zigged every time. AKA grown.
I bet it happens this time too.
Lest ye forget DAL will own three cities that have the highest per capita Fortune 500 companies. MSP, NYC and ATL. Direct flight to everywhere as you see today. Probably more of them too.

They are there and will fit in if need be. If there is no use for Midex I would assume that they would be sold.

From what I am hearing they are in play, and to what extent may never come out.

fitz, I don't know how long you've been in this business but the scenario you suggest has NEVER happened. Name a merger between two major airlines that resulted in immediate growth?

How about Delta and Western? Delta hired thousands of pilots from the merger in '87 until the end of '91.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Every airplane that Delta took came with PanAm pilots. I know, because I've flown with plenty of them.

First of all, if DC9s are going to be parked in a merged airline soon, then I don't think ANY Delta pilots should be furloughed. Nope. I think that is one reason to keep seperate companies, until the unwanted airplanes are removed. NWA guys knew what types of planes they have at their airline, a bunch of 1960's built clunkers that could be parked with high gas. If they come over to Delta, that isn't the Delta pilots' fault---they never interviewed for DC9 FO or 747FE. If NWA stayed independant, they would hurt even more by themselves. Why does Steenland want to merge so much? (besides the money pot waiting for him) That may sound heartless, but guess what? We embraced you with open arms and a fair deal, and your greenbook agenda man ruined it. Our pilots should not take a hit thanks to your old planes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

We embraced you with open arms and a fair deal, and your greenbook agenda man ruined it. Our pilots should not take a hit thanks to your old planes.

Bye Bye--General Lee
I really have a hard time believing the NWA guys would have walked away from such a sweet deal...IF it was one...

Latest resources

Back