DL/NWA predictions.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know why that didn't go. Anyway, here goes:

The new Delta will look a lot like Air France and KLM--Air France owns both, but runs them seperately. As fuel stays high, NWA will park planes that are too expensive, like the DC9s and some 4 engine planes. The NWA pilots would have petitioned for arbitration, which could take awhile to happen, and in the meantime their career expectations have changed thanks to aircraft parkings. An eventual merger will happen, but with a smaller group.

And where will the NWA ex Greenbook Merger Negotaiting Chairman be? Still on the A330 flying trips from PDX to NRT and AMS, and flying only with his core "so called friends", who tell him "you did the best you could..." all the while cursing him behind his back for losing out on promised upgrades.

I wish this could all be solved quickly, but the NWALPA guys need to do something to get closer to a fair SLI. Really. Then, when we are all together, we can all go to a NASCAR event and have chicken fingers...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Why would anyone want a blood bath, both sides just wants what is best for them. Let's be honest thought NW, there is to much truth to the rumor that your guy leading you down this path is a prick and that is why it is going to be a blood bath if there is one.

Why would anyone want a blood bath, both sides just wants what is best for them. Let's be honest thought NW, there is to much truth to the rumor that your guy leading you down this path is a prick and that is why it is going to be a blood bath if there is one.

Yup, ya'll is right. We were idiots from walking away from such a good deal that not one DAL pilot has any details of.

You must be junior and worried about your impending furlough. Sorry.

not talking about walking away for the deal, just talking about the truth. Time to got watch the Masters yall have fun!

The new Delta will look a lot like Air France and KLM--Air France owns both, but runs them seperately. As fuel stays high, NWA will park planes that are too expensive, like the DC9s and some 4 engine planes. The NWA pilots would have petitioned for arbitration, which could take awhile to happen, and in the meantime their career expectations have changed thanks to aircraft parkings. An eventual merger will happen, but with a smaller group.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Do you think the average NWA line guy has had anymore input into this screwed up process than we have? We're all the same here, just trying to make a living in this crappy industry.

It will be DAL, there will be 500-1000 furloughs from both sides!!

Coming to a city near you by...Nov-08

You all better get your $hit together and meet in the middle and fast. It's going to happen. General it's a merger, not DAL buying NWA. You DAL pilots need to get off your high horse and drop your demands about career expectations. The NWA guys still remember 3 books and will stand fast to not let that crap happen again. In the meantime you DAL guys will hold out and then the arbitrator will end up giving you a $hit sandwich. If it goes to an arbitrator then NWA pilots will come out ahead of what you guys wanted on the original offer... mark my words. Deal now or get screwed....

hookah...

One, the terms have not been disclosed of the financial transaction. A is pure conjure. It could be an acquisition. It may need to be done that way for this crap to happen the way that it "appears" to be going down.
Two, if we furlough that if fine, I will be gone and will more than likely not look back. It is the state of the industry. I am not happy about it, but I have only one vote. I do not think that this will happen. Lots needs to be done before we get to that.
Remember this. If DAL does furlough, they will be taking guys off the the 767ER, and 767. With the 400+ new hires that are on these fleets, I think that a break even on furloughs is somewhere around three to four years min. I would take at least a year of training to just cover these slots. Money is money and training costs a lot.
Three, there are detail that will be coming out in the next few days, and weeks that will make this all clear. I am not even sure that we will disclose this new deal. My bet is a SLI agreement by the end of next week. Both sides know the gloves are off. Lets just hope that some people have stopped putting their heads in the sand.

Latest resources

Back