• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL/NWA predictions.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NWA guys knew what types of planes they have at their airline, a bunch of 1960's built clunkers that could be parked with high gas. If they come over to Delta, that isn't the Delta pilots' fault---they never interviewed for DC9 FO or 747FE. Our pilots should not take a hit thanks to your old planes.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Why do you constantly rip the NWA guys for the type of equipment they fly?..is this their fault?..it's the company they were hired by that gets the equipment...but you choose to constantly throw out these barbs at them..what do you really expect to gain by this?...yes, you are getting 777's...great...NWA is getting the 787, we all know what is happening with that a/c...NWA pilots fault?..NO..but you continue the broken record that they may get to fly it with the space shuttle, or some idiotic remark like that. Your demeaning attitude toward a fellow group of pilots is very disturbing. Relax and see what plays out.

Even if DAL/NWA was to retire every DC9 in the next year, it would be close to a wash on pilots with the 777's, 73's,and future 787's on the way. It could create a shortage of pilots rather than a surplus almost immediately... Everyone needs to chill and wait and see what has been agreed upon, It might not be as bad as you think if it strengthens the company as much as expected.

Why should I be put on the street for your old DC-9s, please tell me someone? If my company had old 60's era planes and was going to get rid of them I would not like it but I could understand why I wouldn't have a job, but we don't here at Delta. People came to Delta knowing they could get the 76ER, where as people went to NW knowing they would get the DC-9 or 747so, there is a difference.

I really have a hard time believing the NWA guys would have walked away from such a sweet deal...IF it was one...

Here's the deal as I see it: the NWA guys had unrealistic viewpoints about "career expectations." Sure, during the latter 1990s, most airline careers were attractive - big pensions, 747-400 PIC slots with a growing fleet of widebodies, etc. Well, three things happened that have impacted career expectations for all pilots:
  • 9-11
  • Age 65
  • $110 oil
These three things have ruined many pilots' career expectations. That's the big point. If NWA guys were expecting latter 1990s conditions going forward then they are sadly mistaken. $110+ oil alone will probably lead to fleet reductions and potential furloughs at a bunch of majors. IMHO, the NWA pilots should have adjusted their "high-flying" career expectations to meet reality (the three things mentioned above) and taken the wage, equity and QOL improvements offered earlier.

I wanted to be an astronaut years ago and that ain't happening either... Adjust your expectations to meet reality and return to the bargaining table while you still have some time... The junior NWA pilots must be pi$$ed off - I know I would be with Grandpa A330 pilot negotiating for my future with blinders on.

No. You don't. On the contrary, I imagine you're giddy at the prospect of the bloodbath you *think* is about to hit NWA.

I don't think anyone wants a blood bath, that's why we worked so hard to come up with a transaction framework agreement that would have included all of us. That agreement died when we couldn't resolve the SLI issue amicably.

Plan "b" is to get the bennies we can get from our management for the DAL pilots with the leverage our contract provides.

I suggest the NWA pilots do the same with their management.

. Our pilots should not take a hit thanks to your old planes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Fine!!! Then your pilots should not benefit when the 787 finally shows up. It works both ways, General. You can't pick and choose seniority numbers based upon aircraft retirements and not acquisitions.

But if you really want, we will use your rationale and employ this, "ONLY NWA pilots fly the B787!!" Works for me!!!

You all better get your $hit together and meet in the middle and fast. It's going to happen. General it's a merger, not DAL buying NWA.

Are you sure about that?

You DAL pilots need to get off your high horse and drop your demands about career expectations.

There are no demands. There was simply an offer to come together at the front end of the merger. That offer was rejected. O.K. fine. The DAL pilots have some leverage to get some contractual goodies. What's wrong with the DAL using the leverage in their contract to get those goodies. They fought hard for that leverage, they ought to be able to exercise it.

The NWA guys still remember 3 books and will stand fast to not let that crap happen again.

That's exactly why it might. They created separate pilot groups within their own ranks and they might have created the same scenario for themselves again. This time it wont be the Republic guys on the short end of the stick.

In the meantime you DAL guys will hold out and then the arbitrator will end up giving you a $hit sandwich.

I'm sure the AAA pilots were equally cocky.

If it goes to an arbitrator then NWA pilots will come out ahead of what you guys wanted on the original offer... mark my words. Deal now or get screwed....

hookah...

We'll take your input under advicement.

And how long would that take? How many DC9s will be parked before that arbitration is anywhere near settled?

The next question is how long do you think it will take to get a joint contract?

Do the AAA/AWA pilots have one yet? They have an SLI, but no joint contract and therefore no SLI implementation.

Latest resources

Back