DL/NWA predictions.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General,

I getting real concerned now,....our hats are not big enough to pin on the DAL hat emblem.

Seems like Delta guys have bigger heads :)

Why should I be put on the street for your old DC-9s, please tell me someone? If my company had old 60's era planes and was going to get rid of them I would not like it but I could understand why I wouldn't have a job, but we don't here at Delta. People came to Delta knowing they could get the 76ER, where as people went to NW knowing they would get the DC-9 or 747so, there is a difference.

Because you are junior and junior pilots get the shaft. Merger or not, you are probably screwed, for a while at least. You should hope that all those NWA retirements actually happen.

Congrats on the age 65 win. I bet your FOs hate you. Have fun with the Airtran guys when you merge with them, and it won't be a staple job thanks to the Bond Ammendment.

Bye Bye--General Lee

5 more years of compounding earning power for "everyone" thats currently on the property working. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Air Tran would be interesting. I would welcome them no matter where they are put in the seniority list and think they would fit in well! They would bring there own planes to the party and we would go from there.

I wouldn't mind coming down to visit you in ATL anyway. Been waaaaaaaay overdue. Maybe MSP after that.

General,

I getting real concerned now,....our hats are not big enough to pin on the DAL hat emblem.

Seems like Delta guys have bigger heads :)

It was a interesting move thanks to your committee Chair's intransigence. It would have been a good deal for everyone, and this deal looks like it would have happened anyway. You can't always get what you want..... Also, it really would not have been fair to bring your DC9s over, merge the lists, and then furlough our guys thanks to your DC9s. That isn't fair.

We'll see how it goes, but I think it was an interesting move. As far as getting bigger heads, I think some are stunned about what is developing. Fair is fair.

Bye Bye--General Lee

5 more years of compounding earning power for "everyone" thats currently on the property working. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Air Tran would be interesting. I would welcome them no matter where they are put in the seniority list and think they would fit in well! They would bring there own planes to the party and we would go from there.

I wouldn't mind coming down to visit you in ATL anyway. Been waaaaaaaay overdue. Maybe MSP after that.

And we are supposed to be scared of that? By the time you could facilitate that, your costs will be up there and the hedges waning. It could be an even playing field, and with our added INTL presence thanks to NWA, our days could be brighter each year forward. The domestic flying will not get any better for you or Airtran, and those 717s in purple and orange will look cool.(did someone say those would be dumped?)

And really, most SWA pilots were NOT happy about age 65, and you old fellas got lucky. You just gave FOs an extra 5 years (at 5 legs a day) of lower pay than was originally advertised, which you did not have to endure yourself. But hey, now everyone can postpone paying for their kid's college, or buying a Captain house, so you can not be as bored on the golf course. Enjoy those options that you were given too. See you in ATL, you will enjoy it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

If there is a merger and part of deal is to park all
DC-9's and only the NWA pilots get furloughed or take the blow since they where only NWA aircraft, what happens in 5 or 10 years when DAL 120 plus MD-88 are now considerd the old, gas wasting plane in the industry and are on the chopping block? what if the new airline replaces them with larger seat aircraft and now there are less planes, DO only DAL pilots take a career expectation backstep or get furloughed since those where the DAL planes prior to the merger? or what happens when the NWA 757 get old and then get replaced are the NWA pilots going to have to take the blow again, and what happens when the DAL 767 get old and get replaced do the DAL pilots take the blow since they where DAL planes??? Botton line is if there is a merger we all have NEW career expectations that are with the new airline looking forward. We all will be better off in the long run and we all are now in this togther!! It would be nice if things in life where guarenteed we all know that to well in this industry. The two pilots groups need to take the good and bad from both airlines realizing that we are all better off in the long run!!!

Last edited:
If there is a merger and part of deal is to park all
DC-9's and only the NWA pilots get furloughed or take the blow since they where only NWA aircraft, what happens in 5 or 10 years when DAL 120 plus MD-88 are on the chopping block? what if the new airline replaces them with larger seat aircraft and now there are less planes, DO only DAL pilots get furloughed since those where the DAL planes prior to the merger? or what happens when the NWA 757 get old and then get replaced are the NWA pilots going to have to take the blow again, and what happens when the DAL 767 get old and get replaced do the DAL pilots take the blow since they where DAL planes??? Botton line is if there is a merger we all have NEW career expectations that are with the new airline looking forward. We all will better off in the long run and we all are now in this togther!! It would be nice if things in life where guarenteed we all know that to well in this industry. The two pilots groups need to take the good and bad from both airlines realizing that we are all better off!!!

This is due to high oil, NOW. We have orders for more 737-700s and 738s, and we can see that eventually we will order more. Do you have any narrowbody orders now? We do. Also, the MD88s do fairly well for us, and nobody else has them, except a few at Midwest and Allegiant. We also could get MD90s for cheap, and everyone who does have them (in Japan, China and Europe)is selling theirs and getting new Airbus planes. Saudia just put 28 up for sale. We have an FTD and full motion sim for the MD90, and could use them for certain routes. We have some options that could be used as a stop gap until those newer 737NGs come along.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Because you are junior and junior pilots get the shaft. Merger or not, you are probably screwed, for a while at least. You should hope that all those NWA retirements actually happen.

I think YOUR DC9 pilots should be hoping for NWA retirements. Every NWA guy on here says they WILL ALL GO by age 60, right? That is one thing your merger committee kept saying---the large amount of retirements that WILL happen....

Bye Bye--General Lee

STAPLE and furlough ala TWA!

Karma boys...

I specifically remember jumpseating with some NWA guys watching (on the sidelines of course) as the TWA looked for a little support.

Career expectations?

Bitter, you bet your ass!

More SPIN from General Lee

"Delta has the best aircraft on order and we have millions in the bank. Our management is so awesome and we cannot be bought by anyone. Our fleet is the best of any airline and everyone else is just flying old crap. When we buy you, you will all be stapled and just be lucky to pull gear for me someday in our 777-300er's. Remember Delta has MILLIONS and Millions in the bank and it doesn't matter how much oil is cause we have the world's greatest management and our union is going to save us in any situation."

Jesus dude, give it a freakin rest. Stop the spin cycle already and get real....!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back