Delta, Hire Some Minorities

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jmoney,

After reading your tag and signature closely, I have come to the conclusion that your maoi meds aren't working.

napalm sticks to kids is just sick....

Funny...

Don't care-

I still think it is funny.....

-Maybe I am a total bastard..... Figure if I'm gonna be a bastard, why do it half-ass? Just go for the full meal deal!

-Yep-Guilty as charged! I'm a complete, total, pain-in the-butt Bastard...... Taking a bow....

Wasn't meant to be funny, you really need therapy or stronger meds. That statement is sick...

As far as being a SOB, at least your honest about it...

Don't care-

I still think it is funny.....
Most retards do. Sorry to any retards that were offended by that statement.
-Maybe I am a total bastard.....
Now you're on to something....Your dad would agree!

Figure if I'm gonna be a bastard, why do it half-ass? Just go for the full meal deal!
I'm sure your boyfriend would agree! I bet you do many full asses!

-Yep-Guilty as charged! I'm a complete, total, pain-in the-butt Bastard......
Especially to your "man" love!
Taking a bow....
I'm sure you do that quite a bit! Maybe time for some extra padded knee pads. Your mom has plenty!

Simmer down now....Everyone just simmer down.

When is the last time you have flown with a minority at a major????? I work at the Tranny and have NEVER flow with an African American....Let me say that again....FREAKING NEVER.....And I'm coming up on three years.

Being a white dude looking in on what OBAP and others are saying in the minority community is: "hey we need to increase mentoring programs/scholarship programs to increase the flow of minorities into the field. We do not want to give unfair advantages to minorities. As a white person you can go to OBAP or WIA and be treated as an equal. You can even apply for Scholarships at those places and be treated just as if you were black at OBAP or as a woman at WIA. The NAACP has given out scholarships to whites.

How do I know this you ask???? I went to OBAP and got an interview from one of their job fairs. No one blinked twice with me there.

I am afraid to make an input to this trend. It has so much emotion and I may offend both blacks and whites with the truth.

I am black and I do feel 100% that Delta is one of the greatest Airline anyone black or white can get employed at. They hire the very best candidates out there and also give incredible recognition to both OBAP and WIA. But they do not go overboard with the process and seek for quality and excellence in their candidates.

Sincerely the white race is far ahead of most other races in the world. They are the most civilized to each other and lead the way in social order and a better living standard for humanity.

Blacks and many other races would not like to agree to this simple truth. But you only have to look at South Africans killing other blacks from neighboring countries to see that we do need to work on our understanding and fairness to mankind in Africa. We can not blame those events on a white conspiracy. The events going on right now in South Africa represents the lowest level of this debate we are having. The blacks in the South African townships feel that the poorer blacks pushed out of Zimbabwe by a tyrant Mugabe are taking their jobs and they gang up and kill them in a very brutal fashion. That is a shame to us blacks. It is also an eye opener to whites to love the system they have which allows us to debate very strongly our feelings but never resort to insanity. It is the American way.

America even though we argue amoung ourselves leads the way in racial intergration. America sets the standard for world and for that we must give credit also to whites for they reached out to meet blacks halfway in creating this bueatiful reality. It was a struggle but we have made great progress.

I know that if I went to the most white area and got jumped by a group of white guys trying to harm me. I have no doubt that they would be many voices of reason that will come to my aid and many that would put their life on the line to protect me.

I know there are many blacks who would give their life for a white mate and would never allow any harm come to a white person.

We both have our fair share of animals but in the USA we do need to give more credit to ourselves for our progress in race relations.

We as blacks have a lot of work to do developing our race. The effects of slavery, racism and aparthied take years to clean up. But we blacks ultimately hold our future in our hands. We have to work double hard to catch up with the rest of the world. We have many freinds in our struggle. White employers who hire a black person even though they realize they may have to give him extra training. He may end up becoming a symbol and a bridge that overcomes the blindness and lack of understanding by blacks of the good life that exist on the whitemans side of the fence. He passes on the knowledge of the offer of freindship by whites to his community and that one guy may change an entire community perception of white people. We must work harder at doing this in our black community because Ignorance leads to fear and that leads to hatred. Most black people are scared to be labeled as loving whites. I have had many incredible white freinds!!

I dare to argue that affirmative action has brought us some great gains and some excellent individuals. General Powell, Condi Rice and the supreme court Judge Thomas all benefited from affirmative action. They went on to proof themselves to be deserving of the support they got to enter those great institutions like West point etc.

In Aviation things are slightly diffrent and we need qualified pilots. The required qualification is mostly I would say determined by the content of your character. It is the true perequisite for success.

We in our black community must thrive to educate our people to the highest standard. We have to catch up with the rest of the world and not every white man is going to want to be involved in the nitty gritty of the process but I do believe they wish us the very best and many many of them are ready to go the extra mile.

At our level as Airline pilots we are educated and knowledgable. We should also realise that this is bigger than us. America motivates the world and continues to set the standards.
When you see the representation of America it is the truest form of a rainbow country.
Asain, Spanish, white,black, indian etc and when you ask them " where are you from?)
The Answer is very simple.
We are Americans!!

Also I would tell you personally most blacks who make it to a major are extremely well qualified. They are the exceptions like everything in life but those either lose their jobs or come up to speed.
We all must not place the exceptions on a pedestal and we must be encouraged by the kindness of the majority that have created this bueatiful country and continue to work to improve our world and remain an example to humanity.

I would also like to commend whites for making Obama the DNC candidate. That is historic and even if he does not win it is okey. It is still an amazing compliment to the American people and shows their level of racial development. I also believe the best candidate should win and the will of the American people should be the judge. I do not believe Obama should win because he is black but only if he is considered the better candidate.

I am lazy with spelling and grammer. My spell checker does not work.

We have blacks at Airtran and I got turned down by them it was not because I was black it was because I did not interveiw well and also did not impress them enough. I also simply may not have met their expectations at that time and was invited to apply in six months. I feel it is an excellent company with some awesome people. I jumpseat on them quite a bit and it is just totally an enjoyable expereince.

Last edited:
I am afraid to make an input to this trend. It has so much emotion and I may offend both blacks and whites with the truth.

I am black and I do feel 100% that Delta is one of the greatest Airline anyone black or white can get employed at. They hire the very best candidates out there and also give incredible recognition to both OBAP and WIA. But they do not go overboard with the process and seek for quality and excellence in their candidates.

Sincerely the white race is far ahead of most other races in the world. They are the most civilized to each other and lead the way in social order and a better living standard for humanity.

Blacks and many other races would not like to agree to this simple truth. But you only have to look at South Africans killing other blacks from neighboring countries to see that we do need to work on our understanding and fairness to mankind in Africa. We can not blame those events on a white conspiracy. The events going on right now in South Africa represents the lowest level of this debate we are having. The blacks in the South African townships feel that the poorer blacks pushed out of Zimbabwe by a tyrant Mugabe are taking their jobs and they gang up and kill them in a very brutal fashion. That is a shame to us blacks. It is also an eye opener to whites to love the system they have which allows us to debate very strongly our feelings but never resort to insanity. It is the American way.

America even though we argue amoung ourselves leads the way in racial intergration. America sets the standard for world and for that we must give credit also to whites for they reached out to meet blacks halfway in creating this bueatiful reality. It was a struggle but we have made great progress.

I know that if I went to the most white area and got jumped by a group of white guys trying to harm me. I have no doubt that they would be many voices of reason that will come to my aid and many that would put their life on the line to protect me.

I know there are many blacks who would give their life for a white mate and would never allow any harm come to a white person.

We both have our fair share of animals but in the USA we do need to give more credit to ourselves for our progress in race relations.

We as blacks have a lot of work to do developing our race. The effects of slavery, racism and aparthied take years to clean up. But we blacks ultimately hold our future in our hands. We have to work double hard to catch up with the rest of the world. We have many freinds in our struggle. White employers who hire a black person even though they realize they may have to give him extra training. He may end up becoming a symbol and a bridge that overcomes the blindness and lack of understanding by blacks of the good life that exist on the whitemans side of the fence. He passes on the knowledge of the offer of freindship by whites to his community and that one guy may change an entire community perception of white people. We must work harder at doing this in our black community because Ignorance leads to fear and that leads to hatred. Most black people are scared to be labeled as loving whites. I have had many incredible white freinds!!

I dare to argue that affirmative action has brought us some great gains and some excellent individuals. General Powell, Condi Rice and the supreme court Judge Thomas all benefited from affirmative action. They went on to proof themselves to be deserving of the support they got to enter those great institutions like West point etc.

In Aviation things are slightly diffrent and we need qualified pilots. The required qualification is mostly I would say determined by the content of your character. It is the true perequisite for success.

We in our black community must thrive to educate our people to the highest standard. We have to catch up with the rest of the world and not every white man is going to want to be involved in the nitty gritty of the process but I do believe they wish us the very best and many many of them are ready to go the extra mile.

At our level as Airline pilots we are educated and knowledgable. We should also realise that this is bigger than us. America motivates the world and continues to set the standards.
When you see the representation of America it is the truest form of a rainbow country.
Asain, Spanish, white,black, indian etc and when you ask them " where are you from?)
We are Americans!!

Also I would tell you personally most blacks who make it to a major are extremely well qualified. They are the exceptions like everything in life but those either lose their jobs or come up to speed.
We all must not place the exceptions on a pedestal and we must be encouraged by the kindness of the majority that have created this bueatiful country and continue to work to improve our world and remain an example to humanity.

I would also like to commend whites for making Obama the DNC candidate. That is historic and even if he does not win it is okey. It is still an amazing compliment to the American people and shows their level of racial development. I also believe the best candidate should win and the will of the American people should be the judge. I do not believe Obama should win because he is black but only if he is considered the better candidate.

We have blacks at Airtran and I got turned down by them it was not because I was black it was because I did not interveiw well and also did not impress them enough. I also simply may not have met their expectations at that time and was invited to apply in six months. I feel it is an excellent company with some awesome people. I jumpseat on them quite a bit and it is just totally an enjoyable expereince.

Colon Powell did not use affirmative action to get where he is just the military and a very exceptional work ethic I read his biography a very good read.

United hired quite a few blacks in the late 1990's and other minorities and I can tell you most of them weren't well qualified but United needed to meet a quota.

Other than that a nice message

We are Americans!!

On my god (insert valley girl accent here) THat was pure comedy there isn't a chance in He!! that your black. And if by some miracle you are, you do no have any clue to South African history and to why the killing is going on.

And to the rest of you, FACT: there never were Quotas that were law in the corporate world.....United did what they did on their own volition. In other words they made their own quotas someone should have stepped up to the plate and sued them. CAL another one that needs to be sued .....EVERYONE is EOE.

When this is fought or refuted you will see that DAL goes out of their way to hire the most qualified minorities. They have always hired "qualified" people. They have programs that help these pilots. Ever hear of OBAP or WIA. They do a great job with these two programs.

Delta does not hire the most "qualified" pilots from these programs. A 2500 hour 121 pilot with no PIC is not as qualified as an 8000 hour 121 pilot with 5000 PIC. Why should they have a hiring priority? Build your time and experience like everyone else.

Latest resources

Back