• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta, Hire Some Minorities

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In ATL, most of the Delta pilots you see are Caucasian male. Do you really think Delta only hires the 'qualified'? Maybe 'qualified caucasian male'.

I don't mean to offend anyone, and I am sorry if I did. My friend who got hired there last year said they had 33 people in a class, and only one of them had darker-skin color...maybe hispanic.

My other friend who actually works there, and who is African said that is one thing you will notice in the pilot group.....very little minority pilots.

Delta looks for a certain image. If you don't fit their image of a pilot, you won't get hired regardless of your experience level. You can deny that all you want. Just look around. Very sad but true.

Summer 07, class of 28, 10 minorities, 6 women, 2 Hispanics, one asian, and one black.The 18 whities had at least 1000 PIC turbine everyone of them, out of the 10 minorities, 5 of them had no PIC, sic turbo prop/jet. Also 2 of the minorities did not have an ATP, they figure they would get it when DAL types them....
DAL is making a huge effort to diversify their workforce. Unfortunately, once in a while they hire one who has no business being here. SIC J32, 1700TT, going to the ER, never seen an FMS, never flown a jet...... and then she wonders why is it so hard????????

What about lack of whites working the gates and ramp in Atl? Are they making an effort to recruit qualified caucasians to work these positions?

First of all.. white people ARE THE MINORITY IN ATLANTA.

Hartsfield has a contract with the city of Atlanta welfare office. In order to get your welfare check you have to apply for a job. The jobs the welfare office sends their applicants to are alll the concessions in the Atlanta Hartsfield airport. This is no BS.. Think about it.. there is a 24/7 demand for a food and you are stuck inside of security.. you have to eat and therefore the concessions do not have to supply any service, and they can charge disgusting amounts of money for crappy food.

I dont think I have every seen a white person working at a concession vendor in ATL ever... I have never seen a white janator in ATL... I have been operating out of ATL for 7 years.

This is racist as hell.. I think that we should petition the city to set quotas to allow white people to have jobs at the airport.... Come on "REVEREND" (joke) it is a two way street

Summer 07, class of 28, 10 minorities, 6 women, 2 Hispanics, one asian, and one black.The 18 whities had at least 1000 PIC turbine everyone of them, out of the 10 minorities, 5 of them had no PIC, sic turbo prop/jet. Also 2 of the minorities did not have an ATP, they figure they would get it when DAL types them....
DAL is making a huge effort to diversify their workforce. Unfortunately, once in a while they hire one who has no business being here. SIC J32, 1700TT, going to the ER, never seen an FMS, never flown a jet...... and then she wonders why is it so hard????????
Case in point...

So sick of this B.S. Quotas are so insanely stupid, especially in a safety-sensitive position.

One of my pet peeves.

I don't plan to vote for Obama, but I love the fact he doesn't embrace clowns like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. In other words the idiots that make this kind of cr@p a press release. I believe a lot of the post civil rights blacks are out to achieve success on merit. More and more it seems these people don't use their skin color as some kind of universal excuse for not putting in the efforts it takes to succeed. That's just the garbage these activist groups are spraying here. The corruption and hypocrisy of groups like The Rainbow Coalition never ceases to amaze me.

They should definitely hire people because of their qualification. I agree that people should not get hired because they are MILLITARY, black, women, purple, whateva.

They should not get turned down because they're black, Asian, women, Indian...whatever either. The interviewers can always pick on something little and turn people down. Why did someone get turned down? Who really knows!

Some of the highly qualified people with a lot of flight time are black, women, white, men, everybody. ....but they still do have to fit in the 'Delta image' whether you want to believe that or not. Remember, these are the people who will not share the hotel van with other pilot group. So...Good luck everyone!

.....I wonder how 'the ratio' is at SWA, CAL, Blue.... Just curious.

Fortunately the airlines know that not all training and flight time is equal. There's no Delta image that an applicant has to meet. They want the best qualified people with the best training that they can hire. That's the way it should be.

I don't plan to vote for Obama, but I love the fact he doesn't embrace clowns like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

No...he only embraces bigots like Jeramiah Wright. I'll bet my next paycheck that he confides with Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson behind the scenes.

No...he only embraces bigots like Jeramiah Wright. I'll bet my next paycheck that he confides with Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson behind the scenes.

I know what you are saying but I disagree. Obama doesn't identify with the "black" culture down South. Heck, he was raised by a white mother and an absent "father". He spent a good deal of his time growing up abroad where he attended private schools before going to an Ivy League school and then law school. I think he does what he has to do to keep the "black" vote. Like other successful black leaders, the plight of blacks in this country and the "culture" they represent angers him more than the average "white" person. Having not had the opportunity to walk in his(or any other black man's) shoes, I can only speculate as to his feelings about people of his color in this country. My point is that I don't think he is going to let the current crop of black "leaders"(most black people I know don't want jesse jackson representing them) dictate policy should he become president.

IAHERJ

Latest resources

Back