Deal reached on new pilot hours

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who in f%^& wants to read that rant!

No kidding, this master tool is the same guy who states a pilot shouldn't challenge a MEL despite blantant FARs saying the PIC has final authority to decide the safety of the flight. He is promoting the breaking of FARs. He is an old washed up anti-Sulley who didn't get his big break during his career and in now some pathetic attempt is trying to burn the profession and promote his non-excellence. I wonder if he's trolling on here and still private messaging people with a multi-page cry for recognition biography of himself. What a piss ant.

Pilotyip,

please dont be predisposition on your view of low time pilots, you seem to have an articualte personality, you imagine the regionals havent fashioned 300 hour pilot flying in the right seat of an RJ. And most of them do a marvelous job. Its all about individualism. You stated yourself that in the 60's united airlines came to high schools to recruite pilots. You ever heard of Initial airline programs, that is what they are doing in Europe and the middle east. I had a friend who just got his commerical, instrument, multi engine rating and is now in training with a major airline in the middle east on the 737. So please dont have preconceived notion because you came from the military and think only military pilots are god endowment to the airlines. That is the dilemma with FED EX, they have a chief pilot who thinks like you and hired all his military buddies and dont give an opportunity to any civilian pilot who worked harder and did his dues flying 135 and regional flying. I believe any 121 Captain flying an RJ far exceeds any miltary pilot who has never really flown in IFR condition or in heavy busy traffic volume. Military pilots are pampered, dont get me wrong they are great pilots but thier ATTITUDE is what kills them and I find it objectionable with there philosophy that they deserve or have the right to fly a RJ.

What I didn't answer your question?

Who in f%^& wants to read that rant!
I though you ask why we had training failures?

Counldn't agree more

Pilotyip,

please dont be predisposition on your view of low time pilots, So please dont have preconceived notion because you came from the military and think only military pilots are god endowment to the airlines. I believe any 121 Captain flying an RJ far exceeds any miltary pilot who has never really flown in IFR condition or in heavy busy traffic volume. Military pilots are pampered, dont get me wrong they are great pilots but thier ATTITUDE is what kills them and I find it objectionable with there philosophy that they deserve or have the right to fly a RJ.
Well trained mission capable pilots come from both the civilian and mil worlds. It is just in humble opinion that there is a uniformity in the mil not seen in the civ. Please don't stereotype the mil pilot anymore than I don't stereotype civilian pilots. You want to talk about IFR flying look at the mission of the P-3 flying out of Iceland in the winter, or out of the Azores almost anytime of the year and you find a guy who has spent a lot of time at low altitude night time in solid IFR conditions with one engine shut down. Sometimes in freezing rain. I flew 600 hours in 6 months day night all weather around Vietnam, mission had to go every day and night, Monsoons, TRW’s, fog 500 foot vis, we had fly. At age 26 with 1200 hours total time I was made an aircraft commander, I was well trained to do that mission worldwide. However I could not enter the traffic pattern at an uncontrolled airport. Different strokes for different pilots. That is the result of a great training program. Great training programs exisit in the civilian world, they just teach different things.

Last edited:
You lost all rational decision making on your part when you stated in these forums you thought high school drop outs can fly professionally just fine. You are a demon to aviation safety.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, nails it on the head about the putz called pilotyip!

Pilotyip,

please dont be predisposition on your view of low time pilots, you seem to have an articualte personality, you imagine the regionals havent fashioned 300 hour pilot flying in the right seat of an RJ. And most of them do a marvelous job. Its all about individualism. You stated yourself that in the 60's united airlines came to high schools to recruite pilots. You ever heard of Initial airline programs, that is what they are doing in Europe and the middle east. I had a friend who just got his commerical, instrument, multi engine rating and is now in training with a major airline in the middle east on the 737. So please dont have preconceived notion because you came from the military and think only military pilots are god endowment to the airlines. That is the dilemma with FED EX, they have a chief pilot who thinks like you and hired all his military buddies and dont give an opportunity to any civilian pilot who worked harder and did his dues flying 135 and regional flying. I believe any 121 Captain flying an RJ far exceeds any miltary pilot who has never really flown in IFR condition or in heavy busy traffic volume. Military pilots are pampered, dont get me wrong they are great pilots but thier ATTITUDE is what kills them and I find it objectionable with there philosophy that they deserve or have the right to fly a RJ.

Really? Is this what you're thinking of when you see the birds flyby you in the 152? Civ pilots are not god either, I'd rather have a military pilot fly my Fedex shipped beef jerky than some civ pilot so that it arrives safe.

A friend of mines daughter has been in the guard flying C-130's for over two years. She has around 600 hrs, but she is now not airline material, But two guys with their CFI's, buy a C-150, fly it together day/VFR for 300 hours giving each other dual and they are instant 800 hour pilots, a hard number has nothing to do with skill. For example the 500 ME means nothing, we have hired military helos drivers into the right seat of the DA-20 Falcon. They got 10 hours ME to get their ratings. They out flew the 1500 ME guys coming out of the 135 world. Why excellent CRM skills, and excellent IFR skills. Plus just an opinion that the light control touch that a helo driver has is better adopted to a jet transition than muscling a PA-31 around the skies. BTW We had minor problem with one guy who tried pulling up on the right armrest to get back on gluide slope, we fixed that one

You're right, a hard number is not a direct reflection on skill. Neither is coming from the military a direct reflection on skill. I think we'd agree that there are a LOT of variables that contribute to making a skilled airman.
The worst pilot I've ever flown with was an ex C-130 driver, and a complete ******************************bag to top it off.
On the other hand, I've flown with some outstanding ex mil guys, both fixed wing and rotor.
Good news on the legistation. It's a starting point.

Pilotyip,

Good luck getting your English proficiency endorsement.

Good luck getting your English proficiency endorsement.

And he wonders why he couldn't get on at the legacy's when all that was required was a pulse!
This doosh bag (pilotyip) just sent another love note via pm.
He is the epitimy of what's wrong with this industry. And at his age he should just bow out and retire, and do the industry a huge favor!

FI at its best

And he wonders why he couldn't get on at the legacy's when all that was required was a pulse!
This doosh bag (pilotyip) just sent another love note via pm.
He is the epitimy of what's wrong with this industry. And at his age he should just bow out and retire, and do the industry a huge favor!
does anyone know who this guy is? The wonder of FI that some nameless soul hides behind a screen name with no accountibility and throws insults. Very professional says a lot about the high standards in interpersonal communications skills. No exchanges, no trading thoughts, no acceptance of anyone having a thought differnt that thier own. I bet it is a teenager lurking on the screen, what does anyone else think?

Latest resources

Back