• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL/NWA SLI Hearings in a nutshell

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can hold a line on the ER in ATL, JFK and I think LAX. Can any 07 or 08 hire at NWA do that. Can an 01 hire do that? I am not sure. (I am not talking about SO positions)

:laugh:

Oh, the slowing world economy only impacts NWA?

Your cargo operation is bleeding. Those planes are really really old. They will be gone soon.

How are those talks going over at Boeing? Regardless, your 787s are two years behind the planes we have coming. The first one hasn't flown yet. We will have those remaining 777s and 737-700s years before your 787s come.

I thought there was a no furlough clause, what happened to that?

We still have one, for TBKane and up. If they try to furlough him or anyone above, they have to get rid of 6 seats in every 76 seat RJ. Very expensive.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Here's a hint - your proposed list, or an equivalently lopsided one to our favor would result in the operational implosion - think NWA Roberts/USAir acrimony several orders of magnitude. The arbitrators know this, as does RA, Moak and Prater.

actually, what happend at USAir can't happen here unless the Delta pilots get screwed. We have the numbers to out vote you. So there is no way you could try to muscle in NWAPA to get DOH. We also already have a joint contract.

Frankly, I don't think the DALPA position goes far enough.

That TBKane deal....I read it to say an employment date, therefore, they could in theory furlough out of seniority with the list as proposed. Is that the way you understand it to be?

actually, what happend at USAir can't happen here unless the Delta pilots get screwed. We have the numbers to out vote you. So there is no way you could try to muscle in NWAPA to get DOH. We also already have a joint contract.

Frankly, I don't think the DALPA position goes far enough.

I love internet tough guy posturing. It amuses me to no end. You and Armando must get together on weekends, drink wine coolers, and think this stuff up. Bravo!

That TBKane deal....I read it to say an employment date, therefore, they could in theory furlough out of seniority with the list as proposed. Is that the way you understand it to be?

That date applied to an employment date on either the current DAL list or the current NWA list. Both sides are protected by this language if you were employed by said date.

Schwanker

Is it fair to any DL pilots to lose their jobs (even temporarily) when they interviewed and were hired at an airline in expansion mode? Serious questions here. You can't just blend the lists and possibly furlough people who never signed up for that. Sorry.
Bye Bye--General Lee

YES it is fair.
Things change. Do you think it is fair that a 01 new hire at NWA to be below a 2007 new hire at DAL.

Im sure if things were backward and the 88 were on the chopping block you guys would be saying the same thing as the NWA guys. Every new hire hired in 2007 should be DOH after the rest of the list is sorted. So what if a guy is flying a 76 and someone else is flying a DC9.

YES it is fair.
Things change. Do you think it is fair that a 01 new hire at NWA to be below a 2007 new hire at DAL.

you keep asking DOH questions? What does a persons hire date matter?

If you want to argue about someone at NWA who is on the DC-9 and has career expectations of X being behind a Delta pilot who is on the 767 but has a career expectation of Y, that is a valid arguement.

DOH doesn't matter. The number one Delta pilot is the number one Delta pilot, just as the number one NWA pilot is the number one NWA pilot. Doesn't matter when either one was hired.

Latest resources

Back