• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL/NWA SLI Hearings in a nutshell

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Superpilot, Have you done the math, what % would you be on the proposed list and what percent are you on the NWA list now. So if 400 NW guys aren't on the bottom, do you think 400 Delta guys should be?

The math is that the % isnt even close. the LAST DAL pilot is almost 500 numbers Senior to the LAST NWA pilot. That doesnt follow anywhere close to status Que %. Short term worries about the DC9s on the DAL side doesnt Warren stapling the bottom 10% of NWA pilots which effects those pilots for an entire career not just as long as the DC9s are around.

Fence them up, protect every Current DAL pilot for as long as the DC9s are flying. Sounds good. If the DC9s get parked in 2, 4 years and that causes a surplus of pilots then furlough from the bottom and if it goes up to the last of the Current (pre-merger) DAL pilot then he can be safe from furlough and furlough the pre-merger NWA pilots in the unlikely event this ever was to occur. That is a middle road not a staple job.

Noone is talking about the NWA 2001 hire going from 2 or 3 year pay to 8 or 9 yr pay when he comes over to the delta contract

I assure you those pilots would probably rather keep their old longevity than give up their seniority. What would you prefer? Seniority or a pay bump?

Exactly, and the fact is that almost everyone on the proposed list will enjoy the bidding authority that we are getting. There will be more choices. I personally want ER out of MSP. :laugh:

Our veiws are not important any more. We already delegated our rights.
We shall have a list by 20 November and good or bad we shall all have to deal with it. I do not think Dalpa position is extreme. It does not protect my career expectations and Nalpa position is definitely a huge windfall for the northwest pilots.
Good luck to Delta pilots hoping this SLI is not too brutal towards us.

Exactly, this proposal needs to be seen for what it is and what it was attempting.
I think that for the group as a whole it maintains career expectations.

As LAX grows I bet that you see 01 hires in the left seat out there as well. After this AE you may see your first 07 Captain as well. Yes, it is a long shot, but the fact is that NYC MD-88A only has about 6 people senior to him that have it bid.

I would take the 40k/yr pay hike and within 2% of my original position at NWA.

To bad its not within 2% across the board and its more like DAL pilots got anywhere from a 1-5% bump in seniority while NWA pilots took a hit of around that same amount. Also who is getting 40k a year pay bump other than the previous furlough guys?

The disconnect here is that seniority isnt for sale on the NWA side. The NWA mec has made that pretty clear. I am sure when our proposed list comes out you guys will see it just as bogus as we all see yours.

You are still not seeing it for what it is. That is fair. I do not expect you to.
Claiming a bump in seniority discounts that it is for career expectations and rationalizing the list based upon equipment at each pre merger carrier. Looking at it myopically works for your argument, and it will work for our rebuttal.

Latest resources

Back