DAL/NWA SLI Hearings in a nutshell

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ACL65 and Fins,
Are you guys hearing any rumors about DAL pilot bases being opened in NWA cities before SOC? 7ERDTW? M88MSP? What are the latest fun AE considerations?

Million dollar Q's that really cannot be answered.
Depends on the fences. A long one means that it would cost too much money to DH people, and a short one or none, would mean that rebasing people would cost too much in the short and long term.

AE will be coming out barring a total melt down of the world market. ~
What and how it will be done and what is on it is up for an hourly debate over at the GO. It will probably have a 12 month conversion. That's all for now.

I have noticed a couple things.

That everyone is only concerned with how THEIR seniority is effected. That is expected and understandable, but will not make for the best result.

That most think that the NWA cargo ops will go. Why is that, is not a cargo operation profitable?

I also understand one more thing, its none of my business, but remember this. When telling someone that I think profiting from the oil futures market is wrong and should be stopped, he informed me that our 401K is heavily invested in that market and I should change my opinion, I thought for a second and said I would not change my mind, profiting from the oil futures market is wrong for our country as a whole.

Moral to the story is think beyond your little window, think on terms that will get this "merger" through as painless for everyone, remember you do not want bad blood for years and years to come. There is no stopping whats inevidable.

When telling someone that I think profiting from the oil futures market is wrong and should be stopped, he informed me that our 401K is heavily invested in that market and I should change my opinion, I thought for a second and said I would not change my mind, profiting from the oil futures market is wrong for our country as a whole.
Those in oil futures are getting eaten alive right now. I would not let my 401K get close to anything that had the slight whiff of "hedge fund" on it.

Look at the results for an oil SHORT fund:

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=DUG#symbol=DUG;range=3m

I looked at that at $30 and passed (I screwed up).

Unfortunately some of our employers (while lobbying against oil speculation) themselves got themselves into speculative positions when oil was high.

My other concern is that NWA's underfunded pension might be "toxic" given the 30% market loss.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back