Crew Fisticuffs!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dear Mesaba pilots,

Assuming this story is true, we at ASA are horribly embarrassed to have such a chump acting as captain on any of our aircraft. Rest assured also that in addition to the azz-whooping you hopefully inflicted on said loser, that he will get quite the lecture from us in our crewroom as well once we discover who he/she (debatable at this point) is. Why anyone working at ASA would worry about a "crew delay" boggles the mind, as this is the catch-all term that is applied to any and every delay taken out of ATL (most of the time unbeknownst to the crew unless they look it up later). Also, with the treatment we have received over the past 4 years of 'negotiations' from this management, it is shocking anyone out there is even trying to be on time anymore. All I can really hope for in this is that the ASA Cpt in question was a certain one of our chief pilots.

-Blucher:rolleyes:

Blucher said:
All I can really hope for in this is that the ASA Cpt in question was a certain one of our chief pilots.

Because nothing makes for better entertainment than reading all about how CV got his pansy ass kicked. Oh man I hope it was him...... I would likely quit today and sign on as a newhire at Mesaba just on the off chance I might be so lucky as to share a van and a hot cup of coffee with him.....

Am I being too drastic???

Blucher said:
Dear Mesaba pilots,

Assuming this story is true, we at ASA are horribly embarrassed to have such a chump acting as captain on any of our aircraft. Rest assured also that in addition to the azz-whooping you hopefully inflicted on said loser, that he will get quite the lecture from us in our crewroom as well once we discover who he/she (debatable at this point) is. Why anyone working at ASA would worry about a "crew delay" boggles the mind, as this is the catch-all term that is applied to any and every delay taken out of ATL (most of the time unbeknownst to the crew unless they look it up later). Also, with the treatment we have received over the past 4 years of 'negotiations' from this management, it is shocking anyone out there is even trying to be on time anymore. All I can really hope for in this is that the ASA Cpt in question was a certain one of our chief pilots.

Quick question. What gives you the right to speak and/or apologize for all ASA pilots? There's been an awful lot of that around here lately.

While I don't condone on-duty fisticuffs, there's nothing wrong with a little mono a mono once in a while. Clearly the guy who started it is a jerk and got what he deserved. No need to issue a group apology.

John Pennekamp said:
mono a mono

Is that like stereo? ;)

Speaking as self-appointed Supreme Ruler of Mesaba Pilots and High Muck-a-muck of Prop Drivers, I think we all know that these are trying times at both of our airlines. We all have our tools, too.

That said, Mesaba FOs are a scrappy bunch and are likely to fight dirty. I can't count the times (well, I can't count, period) that I've seen my FOs getting brass knuckles, chains, and shivs confiscated at security. (Just kidding, Mr. TSA.) I'm just glad no one got killed!

ImbracableCrunk said:
Is that like stereo? ;)

Speaking as self-appointed Supreme Ruler of Mesaba Pilots and High Muck-a-muck of Prop Drivers, I think we all know that these are trying times at both of our airlines. We all have our tools, too.

That said, Mesaba FOs are a scrappy bunch and are likely to fight dirty. I can't count the times (well, I can't count, period) that I've seen my FOs getting brass knuckles, chains, and shivs confiscated at security. (Just kidding, Mr. TSA.) I'm just glad no one got killed!

Now, that's funny, I don't care who you are.

I wasn't going to weigh in on this thread because I thought it was kind of dumb, but if 4,000 page views, more posts than the Comair investigation threads and professions of group apologies are in the offering, apparently users of the Flight Info Board are interested in this story.

The only version of the story we have is from the coffee tosser. Now throwing coffee all over someone's uniform is a pretty low move. Why are you guys encouraging that sort of behavior?

Maybe the other guy was a commuter, on his way to a job interview, or maybe things did not unfold exactly as the coffee tosser exaplained it to his Chief Pilot. This is more the sort of thing that should be dealt with by ALPA professional standards.

I think all of us hold vans for other crews, but once a great while a guy doesn't wake up, crew scheduling moves things around, or someone is ill. Sounds like some folks had a rough morning... but why do we on this board ridicule a pilot for wanting to be on time? Is it not "cool?"

I thought the purpose of this board was first to help folks with employment questions, then as jobs became less plentiful the board morphed into a good source for industry news and opinion. Now it seems to be headed towards Jerry Springer land. Why?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back