Crew Fisticuffs!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
John Pennekamp said:
While I don't condone on-duty fisticuffs, there's nothing wrong with a little mono a mono once in a while. [=quote]

Wouldn't that be monkey to monkey? Its been a while since spanish class, but I think that's what it is. Although maybe this describes the situation better.

talespin said:
Another funny story! You F9 guys might remember this one. Capt dating F/A, F/A dumps Capt for another Capt. Capt #1 tells Capt #2 that is my girlfriend and don't appreciate what your doing. Capt #2 tells Capt #1 thanks for short stroken her all this time. Fight breaks out between to gates on the ramp with pax watching from airplane and terminal. Capt's 1 and 2 became F/O's for awhile.

Did the FA take the paycut or did she move to Capt#3?

~~~^~~~ said:
I wasn't going to weigh in on this thread because I thought it was kind of dumb, but if 4,000 page views, more posts than the Comair investigation threads and professions of group apologies are in the offering, apparently users of the Flight Info Board are interested in this story.

The only version of the story we have is from the coffee tosser. Now throwing coffee all over someone's uniform is a pretty low move. Why are you guys encouraging that sort of behavior?

Maybe the other guy was a commuter, on his way to a job interview, or maybe things did not unfold exactly as the coffee tosser exaplained it to his Chief Pilot. This is more the sort of thing that should be dealt with by ALPA professional standards.

I think all of us hold vans for other crews, but once a great while a guy doesn't wake up, crew scheduling moves things around, or someone is ill. Sounds like some folks had a rough morning... but why do we on this board ridicule a pilot for wanting to be on time? Is it not "cool?"

I thought the purpose of this board was first to help folks with employment questions, then as jobs became less plentiful the board morphed into a good source for industry news and opinion. Now it seems to be headed towards Jerry Springer land. Why?

From what I understand, the ASA crew takes a van just minutes prior to show time, a 5:20 van. They could easily take the 5:00 van, but dedcide the extra 20 minutes of sleep is more important. The ASA pilot starts freaking out because the van isn't leaving EXACTLY on time and starts calling the Mesaba crew unprofessional and states "no wonder you guys are in bankruptcy!" He berates the Mesaba crew all the way to the airport. The Mesaba FO moves to the back of the van because this tool won't shut up!

They finally get to the airport...the ASA dude gets his bag and on his way to the terminal, shoulders the Mesaba FO! The Mesaba FO rightfully gets pissed and throws his coffee. The ASA guys jumps on the mesaba guy and ASA is in a headlock getting his azz kicked before he can say BOO!

The cop breaks it up and the ASA guy still wants a piece (while the cop has him restrained - TOUGH GUY!). He demands to know the Mesaba pilots name and empy #, which he gets and the Mesaba guy says,"What, are you going to tell your Daddy?????!!!!!!!"

The Mesaba guy reports everything to the chief. The ASA chief heard nothing uintil he was contacted by the Mesaba chief. I guess he's in trouble???

Spinn555 said:
And we here at PODUNK Airlines want to show our support for you guys at ASA, for showing your support to Mesaba guys during this situation, who showed their support, I'm sure, for all the guys at INDY AIR, show showed their support for everyone at Chicago Express (Windy City), and I'm sure that there was support from Chicago Express to everyone at Corporate Airlines during their times of struggle.

There, one guy can show his companies support (speaking for a few thousand people), towards tens of thousands of people all within one paragraph! HA!

Oh, and how could I forget...the ever-so-popular...

You guys are welcome in my jumpseat anytime!

*gag*

Well, it's damm well time someone said something nice about the corpex crews!!! I think that they win the "My management sucks the worst" trophy!

CC Air and Corpex would normally hold the van for each other in Charleston...there was some Old Fatazzz TSA CA that would try to leave without us if he managed to get in on time-usually they were so late that it wasn't a problem...I don't think that he tipped the van driver though, cause the driver would wait for us!

SiuDude said:
This thread is worthless without names.....and pictures.

are you kidding??? this thread had some of the funniest posts I have seen on here in a long time.

I'll have to agree, that this is one of the more entertaining threads in recent history! It's a nice break from all of the doom and gloom. So have there been any disciplinary actions because of all this? Hopefully no one gets canned.

belchfire said:
Well, it's damm well time someone said something nice about the corpex crews!!! I think that they win the "My management sucks the worst" trophy!
You can get the "I'm the biggest doosh" trophy!

Trogdor said:
Wouldn't that be monkey to monkey? Its been a while since spanish class, but I think that's what it is. Although maybe this describes the situation better.

Correct on all counts.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back