Crew Fisticuffs!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
zawillif said:
I told my last captain we could work together to get girls by saying: "I feel the need, the need for speed!" in the terminal, followed quickly by the high/low double hand slap.

Now THAT'S one of the funniest posts I've read on flightinfo. Nice execution zaw.

Rook

zawillif said:
I told my last captain we could work together to get girls by saying: "I feel the need, the need for speed!" in the terminal, followed quickly by the high/low double hand slap.

In homage to Talladega Nights, a la Ricky Bobby and Cal, a recent captain and I were trying to impress the laaaadies by shouting "Shake and bake!" in the terminal while fisting each other (wait, that doesn't sound so good)...I mean by punching fists.

We made quite the impact on the travelling public.

Hey anyone remember in train spotting when Bagley throws his Beer mug over the railing and then comes down the stairs and just starts screaming.

That slowmo shot of the beer mug going over the side reminds me of the coffee being thrown at the capt.

Plus it was a good scene.

~~~^~~~ said:
I wasn't going to weigh in on this thread because I thought it was kind of dumb, but if 4,000 page views, more posts than the Comair investigation threads and professions of group apologies are in the offering, apparently users of the Flight Info Board are interested in this story.

The only version of the story we have is from the coffee tosser. Now throwing coffee all over someone's uniform is a pretty low move. Why are you guys encouraging that sort of behavior?

Maybe the other guy was a commuter, on his way to a job interview, or maybe things did not unfold exactly as the coffee tosser exaplained it to his Chief Pilot. This is more the sort of thing that should be dealt with by ALPA professional standards.

I think all of us hold vans for other crews, but once a great while a guy doesn't wake up, crew scheduling moves things around, or someone is ill. Sounds like some folks had a rough morning... but why do we on this board ridicule a pilot for wanting to be on time? Is it not "cool?"

I thought the purpose of this board was first to help folks with employment questions, then as jobs became less plentiful the board morphed into a good source for industry news and opinion. Now it seems to be headed towards Jerry Springer land. Why?

This post inspired me to step up on my soapbox and join in with him, but, ah forget it, I'm just cranky right now and might say something that I'd feel bad for later...
Stand by for rant n rave later on.

Last edited:
TinGoose1 said:
Anytime I want to humiliate a pilot, I throw my pocket change on the ground and watch them dive for it. If you want to drive them really crazy, tell them you tossed 16 cents when you really only tossed 12.

Peace-

You know how copper wire was invented don't you?

2 pilots fighting over the same penny.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back