Crew Fisticuffs!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
John Pennekamp said:
Quick question. What gives you the right to speak and/or apologize for all ASA pilots? There's been an awful lot of that around here lately.

While I don't condone on-duty fisticuffs, there's nothing wrong with a little mono a mono once in a while. Clearly the guy who started it is a jerk and got what he deserved. No need to issue a group apology.

JP,
Point taken. Perhaps I'm just so used to apologizing for sh*t that ain't my fault here at ASA (ref. any "sorry" PA made in last several years). However, I do believe we as a pilot group are a "team," and like all teams, when someone steps out of line it is primarily up to his/her teammates to correct the indiscretion. Again, if the story accurate, our guy was as fault, and for that we should all be ashamed.
I do agree, I have no right to speak for other pilots at ASA. Thankfully, however, I love our pilot group and I strongly believe the vast majority (WAG at least 92%) would agree with my sentiments.

-Blucher:D

Patriot you're just lucky I never gave YOU one of my line checks.... how's first class treatin' you these days? I heard you actually had to fly it over the pond the other day... what is the world coming to???

Fly

Flyforyou said:
Patriot you're just lucky I never gave YOU one of my line checks.... how's first class treatin' you these days? I heard you actually had to fly it over the pond the other day... what is the world coming to???

Fly

First class is a bitch.. The duck is a good meal, but they run out of it quick, so you'd have to settle for the surf n turf (not my thing) or the salmon... and you're trying to sleep and the flight attendants are just clankin away in the forward galley gigglin and laughin.. s'ok though, they'll show you a good time when you get to your 24hr overnight... :)

As far as flying.. screw that... I hold the record for the most autolands in a row! I'm not touching the controls til I'm off probation ;)

~~~^~~~ said:
I wasn't going to weigh in on this thread because I thought it was kind of dumb, but if 4,000 page views, more posts than the Comair investigation threads and professions of group apologies are in the offering, apparently users of the Flight Info Board are interested in this story.

The only version of the story we have is from the coffee tosser. Now throwing coffee all over someone's uniform is a pretty low move. Why are you guys encouraging that sort of behavior?

Maybe the other guy was a commuter, on his way to a job interview, or maybe things did not unfold exactly as the coffee tosser exaplained it to his Chief Pilot. This is more the sort of thing that should be dealt with by ALPA professional standards.

I think all of us hold vans for other crews, but once a great while a guy doesn't wake up, crew scheduling moves things around, or someone is ill. Sounds like some folks had a rough morning... but why do we on this board ridicule a pilot for wanting to be on time? Is it not "cool?"

I thought the purpose of this board was first to help folks with employment questions, then as jobs became less plentiful the board morphed into a good source for industry news and opinion. Now it seems to be headed towards Jerry Springer land. Why?

Your right this board is a joke to some and it helps others. But it is a sounding board for some to see that others have the same stress as they do. And it helps. It has been a very long time since the conversation has been something other than death or bankruptcy. So having some laughs about a good old fasion smack down can be a good thing.

Don't be like the idiot who on an early morning while flying, the sun is coming up, your enjoying a nice long silent period on the radio and you just have to ruin it with "center bla bla 2323 radio check" "oh it was quiet I was just checking to see if you are there"

Blucher said:
JP,
Point taken. Perhaps I'm just so used to apologizing for sh*t that ain't my fault here at ASA (ref. any "sorry" PA made in last several years). However, I do believe we as a pilot group are a "team," and like all teams, when someone steps out of line it is primarily up to his/her teammates to correct the indiscretion. Again, if the story accurate, our guy was as fault, and for that we should all be ashamed.
I do agree, I have no right to speak for other pilots at ASA. Thankfully, however, I love our pilot group and I strongly believe the vast majority (WAG at least 92%) would agree with my sentiments.

-Blucher:D

Classy Blucher, a real man. I mean that sincerely.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Monster Buck said:
Don't be like the idiot who on an early morning while flying, the sun is coming up, your enjoying a nice long silent period on the radio and you just have to ruin it with "center bla bla 2323 radio check" "oh it was quiet I was just checking to see if you are there"

Man, ain't that the truth.

If I find out the ASA pilot lost this fight I'll fire his ass.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back