• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crappy Pay Offered At Nja

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Once again, GV is on the mark and for the sake of all involved, I hope the GD scenario comes to pass.

Meanwhile, Hogprint, the productivity question you have relates to the fact that NJI pilots have no bypass pay, don't get paid extra for long days, don't get paid extra for being called out early, don't get 21 straight days off for a vacation three times a year (as a 7-7 holder at NJA does), 50 % work 6-5 schedules etc. etc. These are just a few of the contract items that affect scheduling and finance at a union shop versus a non-union one.

NJI is currently crewed at 5.7 pilots per aircraft and aircraft utilization runs just shy of 100 hours per month. Do you have the NJA numbers handy? Can't speak to utilization over there but my rough division shows more than 6 pilots per aircraft at NJA. THAT is higher productivity.

gunfyter said:
The problem is median pay is NOT 60.984

Its in the low 50's. ie just barely over 50. 3 yrs ago it was $47K.

About 1/2 of what it needs to be. 50%.

Ultra Grump said:
[font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
NetJets Pilot 25th%ile Median 75th%ile
[/font]
[font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gateway, USA[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$57,996[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$60,984[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$64,188[/font]

Can you guys at least sync up your stories before you start posting here?

You make it very easy for me to point out the inconsistencies, but you'd think you would learn over time...

steel said:
FG, do you need a friend? You seem to be upset? Are you allergic to apostrophes? I'm not mad. If you think I was complaining, then I'm sorry because I wasn't. I was stating opionions and FACTS, unlike your DJing spinmaster writing.

You know we will win. I'm sorry you don't understand. Your blood pressure is getting high. This isn't healthy for you.

Sorry about the apostrophes....I'm used to the auto correct feature that adds them automatically.

Are you allergic to spell-check?

As for my health, I appreciate the concern...but this doesnt get me upset...the inconsistencies I see here, coupled with the relative ease I have in poking holes in your reasoning is actually amusing to me....and laughter is the best medicine...;)

Ultra Grump said:
I never said that we weren't getting raises from the company. What I have tried to get through your thick skull several times now is that longevity raises do not compensate for COLA. A 5th year captain in 1998 was paid $60984. A 5th year captain today, 7 years later, is paid $60984. There is NO cost-of-living increase!

Grump - I understand your point, but the fact remains that a 5 year captain being paid $60,984 in 1998 is now a 12 year captain being paid $87,960. An increase that more than covers the impact of inflation.

The current 5 year guys are being paid $60,984 just like the first guy in 1998. However, the world has changed significantly over the last 7 years, and that $60,984 compares a lot more favorably now than it did in 1998 to most of the aviation jobs out there.

Ultra Grump said:
The reason the median pay has increased is because 3 years ago, there were 1265+ 1st-, 2nd-, and 3rd-year-pay guys, with many still on FO pay. They are all making captain's pay now, and 900+ of those are on the 5th year scale or above. The median would be even higher if there had been no hiring since - but that doesn't mean that the pay would have actually increased more, does it?

If the median pay is $11,000 higher in 2005 vs 2002, then pay has increased.

FamilyGuy said:

You make it very easy for me to point out the inconsistencies, but you'd think you would learn over time...

Here is the problem. If you look at the fellow who is right at the middle of the seniority list... that guy makes $60,984 .

But if you take the total payroll in dollars and divide by the total number of pilots...

You get low 50's.

So what does NJ pay per pilot? Just about 50K. Excluding BBJ.

FamilyGuy said:
Grump - I understand your point, but the fact remains that a 5 year captain being paid $60,984 in 1998 is now a 12 year captain being paid $87,960. An increase that more than covers the impact of inflation

But it does not make up for the fact he should have been making $90k in 1998..

Or the fact that he is now flying the Falcon 2000 Easy and not the Citation S-II

FamilyGuy said:
Grump - I understand your point, but the fact remains that a 5 year captain being paid $60,984 in 1998 is now a 12 year captain being paid $87,960. An increase that more than covers the impact of inflation.
Oh boy, anybody got a 2x4?

The current 5 year guys are being paid $60,984 just like the first guy in 1998. However, the world has changed significantly over the last 7 years, and that $60,984 compares a lot more favorably now than it did in 1998 to most of the aviation jobs out there.
This is the most asinine statement you've made so far. Now you're really reaching.

If the median pay is $11,000 higher in 2005 vs 2002, then pay has increased.
The saying "thick as a brick" keeps coming to mind...
Ultra Grump said:
The reason the median pay has increased is because 3 years ago, there were 1265+ 1st-, 2nd-, and 3rd-year-pay guys, with many still on FO pay. They are all making captain's pay now, and 900+ of those are on the 5th year scale or above. The median would be even higher if there had been no hiring since - but that doesn't mean that the pay would have actually increased more, does it?
Read REEEEEEAAALLL slow, you might get it this time... :rolleyes:
FG said:

Okay Einstein, if you were as smart as you're telling us you are, you would realize that gunfyter has "median" and "average" confused. The median pay at NJA right now is $60,984, as I said. The average pay is in the low $50's, as gunfyter said. No inconsistencies on this side of the fence. You're looking a little Swiss-cheesy, though.

Trolls sitting down at CMH at their computer screens with nothing better to do. Let's just get rid of them because frankly they are not needed. I mean WHAT do you really do screen reader? Do you have a certificate to dispatch? Are you a meteorologist? Let's just put you dismal pay into the pool to pay the pilot group. Ouch, the truth hurts!

It's too bad that a troll or two can access this message board while at work from Columbus. Actually they can access multiple computers thus having more than one name post. Then again if you’re in management YOU really don't have anything to do at this point but try to spread FUD-Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. It won't work trolls because this is the most cohesive group of pilots that I have seen. Yes we still have a few < 5% who just don't get it, but those numbers, they are a changing'.

The mortar on the brick wall has cured and it's solid as a rock, behind that first brick wall is 2000+ more brick walls to support the first. In other words we are here to stay, so get used to it. Your sewage that you spill gives me a laugh every now and then. So go on trolls keep writing ferry tales, I need new bedtime stories to read to my daughter.

Bad Monkey! said:
It's too bad that a troll or two can access this message board while at work from Columbus. Actually they can access multiple computers thus having more than one name post. Then again if you’re in management YOU really don't have anything to do at this point but try to spread FUD-Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. It won't work trolls because this is the most cohesive group of pilots that I have seen. Yes we still have a few < 5% who just don't get it, but those numbers, they are a changing'.

It is time for you to take a poll and look closely at your numbers. It ain't 5% anymore. It is closer to 35% and growing everyday. Before long it will be 51% and you will be in the minority. Who knows, they just might decide that the foolish behavior of your MEC is getting them nowhere. But it sounds like you are getting the messageand starting to understand what the reality of the situation really is. So we will just wait and see how you do at the table. After all Monkey, that is what counts if you want anything to change for you.

Latest resources

Back