Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anis said:
Don't you mean "...lot's to share with us?"

You are full of *$@! Any self respecting Fractional pilot would have an airport car, or find their own ride so as not to negatively impact the family while away for 9 days. C;mon..."we're off to the airport" to pick up "MY" husband? Bob Grant said it best...fake - phony - fraud.

Thats funny. My wife drops me off and picks me up at the airport.

"I guess I don't got no respect"

BTW Bob Grant is a friend of the family.

Last edited:
gunfyter said:
Thats funny. My wife drops me off and picks me up at the airport.

"I guess I don't got no respect"

BTW Bob Grant is a friend of the family.

LOL...

pic_bobgrant.jpg

netjetwife said:
We operate under the "need to know" rule.

Sweet Cakes, a Guantanamo Bay Interrogator couldn’t get you to speak plain English. You are one missed up chicky. And who drags their kids out of the house at 11:30 at night to go get “daddy”?

If I called my wife (of 34 years next month) and told her to come get me at the airport, she’d laugh her *ss off and tell me to catch a cab, “Survivors on, I aint getting out of bed.”

I bet your husband does have a lot to share with you. After you go digging through his bag like a beaver in a trash can looking for those hotel shampoos, I bet ole lover boy just can’t wait to share a pillow with ya and hear about your escapades on the internet.

Let me give you some marital advice. Go drink a big old bottle of “shut the **** up” and buy a cook book.

Last edited:
So weird and so rude! We left the house at 8:30 PM. Why pay for parking? I drive both vehicles when he's gone. His truck is better in the snow. Now that the NJ pilots have home basing, I wouldn't be surprised if lots of wives are dropping their husbands off at the local airport. We may eventually come up with another system, but this is working so far. With the 7&7 it's not an inconvenience. Perhaps the reserve schedule families feel differently.

No, I didn't mean "share with us". I meant exactly what I said. Understanding that their dad's role in 1108 is important to lots of families, doesn't mean that our kids find union talk interesting. So they share info from their week with their dad and he shares news of his work with me. I imagine that lots of frac families have a similar system. Flying stories interest kids; company recurrent does not.

When we discuss union business, my husband tells me only what I "need to know". Private information is not deemed relevant to a discussion of the issues. I don't "need to know" the names of pilots involved to know what grievances are important to the pilot group. I also don't "need to know" the names of the leaders of the Flt Ops pilots to wish them well. I have a very good idea of the amount of work that's ahead of them. That's enough for me to offer them my encouragement.

Here's my tip for hotel toiletries---they make a great donation to shelters. You're right that I am collecting them for a project that I do each May with my son's class. I make sets of the prettiest ones and we put them in baggies. The kids add a coupon (I make it on the computer) which they fill out, promising to do a special chore at home for their mom. They tie a ribbon around it and have a nice Mother's Day gift. It's a popular project that could be easily adapted for other occasions.

My wife drops me at the airport and I drop her off too. We even live two subway stops away but its a way to spend 5 more minutes with each other.

Plus it's a respect thing. Instead of her/I taking the T I'll just wait for her MD-11 to land with a nice warm car.

Some people still respect each other.

Since you're not planning on being around in 3 years at NJI, what's all this to you anyway Rusty? I give you credit though, you are funny! Some of those comments almost had me falling out of my chair with laughter!

Still, I used to really, INTENSELY dislike unions. And in fact, my first 8.5 years at NJA pretty much held up exactly what I was feeling about the unions, and about what you're saying. However, sometimes things change. Our new union (okay, new local, as we're still with Teamsters) has changed my attitude entirely. They haven't treated us at all like what you've been talking about. They've created great change (all for the better) and been completely open about everything they've done (and how they've spent our money, and who they're standing up for and NOT standing up for). So far, the only folks involved with this whole thing that have been sneaky and dishonest has been the company.

We have an entire contract, IN WRITING AND LEGALLY BINDING, and the company continues to disregard it and do things their own way. Our union has INSISTED that we, the pilots, play by the rules set down in the agreement. The only difference between us and a non-union shop is that we make extra money every time the company violates the contract. So with all that being said, I definitely trust our union more than RTS right now. When he shows that he can follow the rules that HE AGREED TO, then maybe I'll be able to see things more your way.

Meanwhile, to hopefully get this thread back on track, congrats to all the good folks at FLOPS! You folks deserve better!

PS- My fiance drops me off at the airport and picks me up. No car sitting in a parking lot for a week just begging thieves to smash in the windows or pick the locks, and she likes spending a little extra time with me.

PPS- Still waiting to hear how you think the FLOPS pilots should handle this instead of getting a union, Rusty. Obviously, just talking with management hasn't yielded any positive results. What do you suggest they do?

RustyFan said:
Sweet Cakes, a Guantanamo Bay Interrogator couldn’t get you to speak plain English. You are one missed up chicky. And who drags their kids out of the house at 11:30 at night to go get “daddy”?

If I called my wife (of 34 years next month) and told her to come get me at the airport, she’d laugh her *ss off and tell me to catch a cab, “Survivors on, I aint getting out of bed.”

I bet your husband does have a lot to share with you. After you go digging through his bag like a beaver in a trash can looking for those hotel shampoos, I bet ole lover boy just can’t wait to share a pillow with ya and hear about your escapades on the internet.

Let me give you some marital advice. Go drink a big old bottle of “shut the **** up” and buy a cook book.

Excellent post...that NJW surely turns my stomach. Anyone have any pepto?

Hey Bogart,

You and Rusty should learn about a little feature of the message board called IGNORE if you are so bothered....

But before you do, be sure to thank NJW for your raise.... She was a significant contributor to 1108's efforts in raising the bar for pilots in the fractionals... and the raises you would not have received otherwise.

Even 135 pilots and a few Corporate guys come up to me and thank us for getting them a raise because of 1108!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back