• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass air lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is the latest regarding classes? Just got called for an interview.

Actually what is the total story regarding the airline? Expansion/growth? More or changing domiciles with the merger?

Thanks.
Here is the rumors, yes, rumors,
66 more newhires in 2010
LGA base, with a majority of the airplanes
MEM closing

these are the latest rumors!!!!!!

Here is the rumors, yes, rumors,
66 more newhires in 2010
LGA base, with a majority of the airplanes
MEM closing

these are the latest rumors!!!!!!

Rumors that have a lot of merit.

training instructors contracts being extended.

HR pulling resumes and starting interviews.

As far as the bases thing this isnt the first time ive heard both of those.

got the call today for an interview later this month. pumped been on the street for a while and can't wait for a chance to get the hell away from the real world.

I'm a little bummed to have to sit reserve on the 320 out of DTW while commuting from FL. Then I read this post about how some extremely experienced pilots are excited to have an interview to fly in the right seat of a 175 at Compass. I guess I should consider myself extremely fortunate. It's all relative. We all want to better our current situation, but it seems like no one is ever in the position they want to be in.

I'm a little bummed to have to sit reserve on the 320 out of DTW while commuting from FL. Then I read this post about how some extremely experienced pilots are excited to have an interview to fly in the right seat of a 175 at Compass. I guess I should consider myself extremely fortunate. It's all relative. We all want to better our current situation, but it seems like no one is ever in the position they want to be in.

Good post. I live in Michigan which has the unfortunate distinction of having the highest unemployment in the country. I see unemployed people, literally, every single day. When scheduling gives you a crappy trip on a two hour call out it's much easier to accept when you put it in perspective.

It is easy to be too proud and principalic when things are going good. And of course everyone sees the grass on the other side of the fence a bit greener. But the reality of todays economy and job market in pilot world is that there are way more people on the street then there are jobs available. I hate to say these words but everyone with a secure seat right now is very lucky. I couldn't even find a seat teaching in a cessna for over a year and a half. Its a rainfall for me just to have a chance at a job in a flightdeck.

Latest resources

Back