Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What???

Hi!
I have an internal recc, and heard nothing.

It IS like getting hired at a major, more or less, unless their status changes.

cliff
NBO

ATPCLIFF,
How long have you been out of the AF? With heavy time, why are you applying to Compass, are you a UAL furloughee? I see that you have DC9 time, was that from NWA? Just curious why you'd be interested in Compass airlines....
Luv

Hi!

Got out in 1991, got a DAL interview (sheer luck, as I was VERY low time) and nothing for 10 years. So, can't interview again at DAL.

When NWA opened up, I applied, but very low time per month since I started as student pilot, so bad for NWA formula. Just when they started to allow recommendations there (I had at least two) they merged and closed down hiring.

I got -9 time at USA Jet (laid off Dec, 2008) and currently flying -9 in NBO, but very low time on it as well, so flying as FO, and HOPING for capt.

I stayed at USA Jet to get my 1000 PIC ME Jet, and then applied at about everywhere after that, but then hiring stopped.

So, if I could get Compass, I would have an easy commute, would make capt relatively soon, and would end up at DAL, unless something major changes.
I was invited to interview at Compass about 2 years ago, but at the time it didn't seem too smart (my CEO told me I was INSANE for even considering it-$70K to $25K). Hindsight is 20-20, and it would have been a good idea.

When I got laid off I was applying at GoJet, caravan jobs, ANYTHING, and the only job I found was here in NBO.

So far, it is pretty good, but it is ALWAYS totally up in the air. I don't have ANY idea what i will be doing in 1 month from now!!!

cliff
NBO
PS-As soon as I applied at SWA and FedEx (good references for both) they stopped hiring. I wanted to apply for Japan contract, when they needed guys bad, but they counted my military time as 0, so couldn't. When they changed, and allowed mil time, I applied, but it was in 2009, so they have been DELUGED with apps ever since! It makes me wish I was back at Trans States!!!

I applied to Compass Air Lines earlier this year and updated my application last week. I know they're hiring, but they haven't call me. I also faxed them my resume. Is the fax number on the site aviationinterviews.com correct?? Any idea what are they're looking for??
All the replies is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Send them a nude picture of yourself. That'll help.

Tons of pilots on the street, NOBODY hiring. It sucks out there. It's amazing when a $25K a year job is sought after by hundreds of guys with thousands of hours. It sucks.

I think by 2012 or so things will be back to normal. I'm just sitting around at my crummy little 135 job, paying the bills, thanking God that I actually can, trying to keep the faith until things get better. They will, trust me. It's just gonna take time. By about 2012 the regionals will be lowering minimums and struggling to fill classes again.

Hi!

When I got laid off I was applying at GoJet, caravan jobs, ANYTHING, and the only job I found was here in NBO.

!!

Don't apply there!!! Place is poinson!! If you get hired there consider your major job gone for good. A major's hr dept. may call you but once you hit the pilot's interviewing you and they see GoJet....Good luck

Go Jets

Don't apply there!!! Place is poinson!! If you get hired there consider your major job gone for good. A major's hr dept. may call you but once you hit the pilot's interviewing you and they see GoJet....Good luck

Is this really true? My buddies went there and took direct upgrades a couple years back and now I wonder if I'm missing out. One went on to Cathay. They've got United and ATA guys now, and it all seems to come down to getting a paycheck more than anything else. Am I really better as the 8 year regional FO with no upgrade in sight? I don't know anymore, just my honest assessment...

I was shocked to hear that someone thought Compass Airlines was hiring. Wow

Is this really true? My buddies went there and took direct upgrades a couple years back and now I wonder if I'm missing out. One went on to Cathay. They've got United and ATA guys now, and it all seems to come down to getting a paycheck more than anything else. Am I really better as the 8 year regional FO with no upgrade in sight? I don't know anymore, just my honest assessment...

Personally if I'm part of hiring and you're a Freedom A list or Gojet pilot you'll get a nay from me. I actually might try to get involved at DAL to do just that. I hear people try to justify it just like I hear people try to justify why they crossed a picket line. Fact is you can justify anything, but we all know Gojets was created solely to undermine the TSA pilots and the profession as a whole.

I wouldn't be advertising you applied for it either, because that's just as bad. Maybe that's why you can't catch a break cliff, karma. Get some self respect.

"I wouldn't be advertising you applied for it either, because that's just as bad. Maybe that's why you can't catch a break cliff, karma. Get some self respect."

While I agree with you on the Go-Jets thing, your post as quoted above is arrogant and unwarranted..anybody who would fly -9's in Africa to feed his family has a lot of self respect, and cojones as well..having operated in and out of there many times myself, I can attest to that...so why don't you show some respect to our less fortunate colleague...

Latest resources

Back