Compass air lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

Yep, NBO. It looks like they'll move my base to DBX soon. NBO is sort of the HQ for the operation (now NBO, Karthoum and DBX). NBO is alright, but I think DBX will be a lot better, overall.

I lost my US job in Dec, 2008 (passed on Compass interview in Aug, 2007...did not make sense to me or my CEO at the time!), and this NBO job is the ONLY one I could find, worldwide.

Have been updating my stuff at Compass continually since Dec.

cliff
DC-9
NBO

got the call back and will be in the next wave of guys going trhough

should be sweet to flow to delta in 3 years!

I'm guessing you have a lot of experience based on the aircraft you have flown. That's good. Do you have a Bachelor's degree? I have heard rumors that DALPA is going to make that a requirement to flow. They stopped pushing for it when it was realized the flow won't happen for years. When it comes time to flow, the issue will be brought up again. I personally wouldn't feel very good about the flow if I worked for Compass.

I'm guessing you have a lot of experience based on the aircraft you have flown. That's good. Do you have a Bachelor's degree? I have heard rumors that DALPA is going to make that a requirement to flow. They stopped pushing for it when it was realized the flow won't happen for years. When it comes time to flow, the issue will be brought up again. I personally wouldn't feel very good about the flow if I worked for Compass.

The contract would have to be changed to require a bachelor's degree. What is Delta going to give up to require a bachelor degree which will affect virtually no one?

Is this really true? My buddies went there and took direct upgrades a couple years back and now I wonder if I'm missing out. One went on to Cathay. They've got United and ATA guys now, and it all seems to come down to getting a paycheck more than anything else. Am I really better as the 8 year regional FO with no upgrade in sight? I don't know anymore, just my honest assessment...

DAL took a few, and the fact is that the people in hiring had no clue what GoJet did to TSA. They did not care either. That is the facts, they really have no idea what goes on at this level. One of the guys knew that left TSA wen to Go and got a job here at DAL. Those are the facts, and that undercut a lot of his former pilots. DAL was the end game, he got it and now is here. Ugly truth.

It all comes down to the type of person you are. Some things are more important than a job.

What???

The contract would have to be changed to require a bachelor's degree. What is Delta going to give up to require a bachelor degree which will affect virtually no one?

He said DALPA was gonna push for it.... And why do you automatically assume the company would not want it? Really a moot point in the next couple years, but there is time for all those who could be effected to finish that degree, which is rarely a bad thing

Mesaba requires it to flow, and I am sure that all other flows if they happen will require it. As for CPS, I am sure that if it is an issue, DALPA and DAL can amend the agreement and flow terms in two short strokes of a pen. DAL wants a degree, as do most pilots here.

Latest resources

Back