• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass air lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mesaba requires it to flow, and I am sure that all other flows if they happen will require it. As for CPS, I am sure that if it is an issue, DALPA and DAL can amend the agreement and flow terms in two short strokes of a pen. DAL wants a degree, as do most pilots here.

Don't mention 2 short strokes. crj567/tanker clown gets all excited thinking about his next $5 favor in the mens' room!

Don't mention 2 short strokes. crj567/tanker clown gets all excited thinking about my mom doing him again for $5 in the mens' room!

My daddy can beat up your daddy!

-Seriously, Gen-you need some new material! Maybe you should try a "creative writing" class down at you local vo-tech school. I know it may be a bit above your intelligence level, but maybe after years of schooling you one day will be able to construct an actual insult which an adult may find clever.

-You really need to find something better to do with your spare time, Gen-you just shouldn't try and swim in the "big boy" pool if you are still stuck at this level of severe retardation.

My daddy can beat up your daddy!
Just how do you know which is your daddy? It must be very confusing!
-Seriously, Gen-you need some new material! Maybe you should try a "creative writing" class down at you local vo-tech school. I know in your part of the world where "vo-tech schools" and trailers are a really cool way to live, but no thanks. .I know it may be a bit above your intelligence level, but maybe after years of schooling you one day will be able to construct an actual insult which an adult may find clever. Well, since you're no adult, I don't expect much!

-You really need to find something better to do with your spare time, Hanging out with your mom in her trailer can get pretty boring, maybe I'll start your sister. Gen-you just shouldn't try and swim in the "big boy" pool if you are still stuck at this level of severe retardation. Too bad the "gene pool" passed your family by. You're stuck drowning in it

Have a wonderful night tanker clown. I'm sure right about now, it's foot massage time for the colonel. Make sure to keep your hands below his knees this time!

He said DALPA was gonna push for it.... And why do you automatically assume the company would not want it? Really a moot point in the next couple years, but there is time for all those who could be effected to finish that degree, which is rarely a bad thing

I misread it, I thought he said Delta would push for a Bachelor's degree, which would mean they would have to negotiate to change the agreement. He said DALPA would push for it which makes zero sense to me. Why does DALPA care who DAL hires? If someone could explain how this helps Delta pilots I would appreciate it.

As has already been pointed out, the point is moot since no one is flowing anyway. As far as I know Compass doesn't have anyone without a degree. If there are one or two guys who don't have a degree I'm guessing no one will make an issue of it. Delta can control who is hired at Compass now so if they want a degree they can make it a requirement.

I misread it, I thought he said Delta would push for a Bachelor's degree, which would mean they would have to negotiate to change the agreement. He said DALPA would push for it which makes zero sense to me. Why does DALPA care who DAL hires? If someone could explain how this helps Delta pilots I would appreciate it.

As has already been pointed out, the point is moot since no one is flowing anyway. As far as I know Compass doesn't have anyone without a degree. If there are one or two guys who don't have a degree I'm guessing no one will make an issue of it. Delta can control who is hired at Compass now so if they want a degree they can make it a requirement.
There are just a few..........around 5

I can try. Everyone that I talk to here feels that with every one having a Bachelor degree from an accredited school stops the "I am smarter than you crap." I know many of the people that decide who gets hired and how doesn't and I would be floored to see this change. It really is part of the culture here.
Could the culture change, yes, but I would not hold my breath. The smart thing to do is go get a degree in anything from an accredited school now while we are not hiring.
Fact is that 99.99% of guys that do not have the degree would never do that, but there one or two that would. For some reason DAL knows this. There have been people that got a BS or BA from a school and after they left the school lost their accreditation. Guess what, they could not interview.
Mesaba's flow requires it. CPS's does not, I am sure every other one will. If CPS is sold, spun off or gets their own MEC, I see this being changed too!

I can try. Everyone that I talk to here feels that with every one having a Bachelor degree from an accredited school stops the "I am smarter than you crap." I know many of the people that decide who gets hired and how doesn't and I would be floored to see this change. It really is part of the culture here.
Could the culture change, yes, but I would not hold my breath. The smart thing to do is go get a degree in anything from an accredited school now while we are not hiring.
Fact is that 99.99% of guys that do not have the degree would never do that, but there one or two that would. For some reason DAL knows this. There have been people that got a BS or BA from a school and after they left the school lost their accreditation. Guess what, they could not interview.
Mesaba's flow requires it. CPS's does not, I am sure every other one will. If CPS is sold, spun off or gets their own MEC, I see this being changed too!

Ummmm...you sure about that? Unless it has changed, it didn't. I know a guy who flowed without it. Great pilot but no degree.

There was no requirement for a degree in the Mesaba flow agreement.
Has it been changed in the last year? Don't know

I may be getting furloughed at the current job here in a few months. I've been looking around and have thought about sending an app to Compass. The only hangup I have, is that on the online app, there is a question asking "If hired at Compass...you will have to resign any seniority at another carrier, is this okay?"

Does anyone with knowledge of their operation have any insight into how "hard" they are about this? Given the volatile nature of the industry, especially now and in the next few years, I would hate to resign seniority at a good company only to end up furloughed from the subsequent job and have no fallback. I have heard of some carriers having the same requirement, but not really following through with it.

Latest resources

Back