• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass air lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm still projecting late 2010/early 2011 hiring cycle to begin at DAL and it will be big numbers.

Wow, this is exactly opposite of what i see happening. The shift of domestic flying is happening all over. Its not going to slow down. Scope will be traded away for higher wages. Todays regionals will be doing the 100 seat flying all over the US in 10 to 15 years. Its not like DAL or AA are going to be ordering 100's of new 737's or 320's down the road. The E175's are the new 737. UAL is already making the shift away from them and look for a lot of the 320's to slowly go over time. DAL will do the same thing. They will have to have furloughs there in the next 2 years cuz the DCI's will be doing more of it.
I'n not sayin i like it, but the trend is obvious. Chepaer wages and more frequency. That's why companies like Allegiant, AT (& SWA to some extent), are changing the game of domestic flying. The days of starting at UAL, DAL or AA and moving up through all 5 of their types to retire in a 747 are long gone. Just look around. 3,000 PIC flying an RJ is useless. Where are you gonna go?

Hi!

Wow, this is exactly opposite of what i see happening. The shift of domestic flying is happening all over. Its not going to slow down. Scope will be traded away for higher wages. Todays regionals will be doing the 100 seat flying all over the US in 10 to 15 years.
Could be, but right now no regional has an airplane that will seat 100 people. Major airline pilots are trying to not let that happen. It IS true that Trans States has ordered the Mitsubishi MRJ, which in it's largest configuration, seats close to 100.

Its not like DAL or AA are going to be ordering 100's of new 737's or 320's down the road.
DAL is planning on ordering the Bombardier "C" to replace the DC-9s at DAL mainline.

The E175's are the new 737.
The E175 seats about 70-75. The 737s in operation today seat about 140 and up. The E175 is nowhere close in size to a 737.

UAL is already making the shift away from them and look for a lot of the 320's to slowly go over time. DAL will do the same thing.
They are currently buying as many MD-90s as possible, and plan on the "C".

They will have to have furloughs there in the next 2 years cuz the DCI's will be doing more of it.
If DAL were to furlough, the best time would have been Nov-Feb of this past year. They will NOT be furloughing in 2 years, barring a 9/11 or worse type of event. DAL has forecast they will be short next summer, and they have new aircraft coming online.

I'n not sayin i like it, but the trend is obvious. Chepaer wages and more frequency. That's why companies like Allegiant, AT (& SWA to some extent), are changing the game of domestic flying. The days of starting at UAL, DAL or AA and moving up through all 5 of their types to retire in a 747 are long gone. Just look around. 3,000 PIC flying an RJ is useless. Where are you gonna go?
To Qatar, as a Direct Entry -777 captain. When the hiring picks up, you will be able to go to Emirates, also, once again. They were hiring TONS of RJ guys.

cliff
NBO

Just wait, you are wrong. The Scope ATM is closed, and from what I am seeing the company and the MEC not just think that but know it.

Wow, this is exactly opposite of what i see happening. The shift of domestic flying is happening all over. Its not going to slow down. Scope will be traded away for higher wages. Todays regionals will be doing the 100 seat flying all over the US in 10 to 15 years. Its not like DAL or AA are going to be ordering 100's of new 737's or 320's down the road. The E175's are the new 737. UAL is already making the shift away from them and look for a lot of the 320's to slowly go over time. DAL will do the same thing. They will have to have furloughs there in the next 2 years cuz the DCI's will be doing more of it.

Pretty much everything you've stated is incorrect in this post. So, whatever you said, go the opposite and that's closer to fact.

Let me guess, that would be good for you Scapegoat? That's what I thought!!!

I was told 66 over the next several months into 2010. Only for increased utilization. Thats just from HR lady though, so take it for what its worth.

They are calling it increased utilization, but I do not know how those jets can fly any more than they are.

Acl they're only flying just under 10 hrs per day so if you give them even 2 more hrs per day that's about 2000 block hrs more a month hence the need for more people. However I am leary of the timing on this announcement as the lga rumor floats around. Yeah increased airplane utilization...out of lga!! That would kill whateve little morale we have left at this point! Campbell stated some lga flying this summer then retracted his statement afte letting the cat out like he knew he said something wrong. This being said I am not excited about more flying and more growth at dci, wish it
was other way around...my $.02

Latest resources

Back