• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass air lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's driving all this hiring? No new airplanes, so it must be an increase in block hours? The LGA base makes sense if they'll be covering a lot of the new LGA hub DL has plans for.

Question: if DL furloughs pilots do they have the chance to go right into compass? If so, do they push down the most senior CA's or go to the bottom?? (I know this has been answered before I just forgot the process)))...

Question: if DL furloughs pilots do they have the chance to go right into compass? If so, do they push down the most senior CA's or go to the bottom?? (I know this has been answered before I just forgot the process)))...

They are put at the top.

We don't know what will happen if Delta furloughs. In theory, they would be put at the top and 90 percent of the Compass pilots would be furloughed. I don't think it would actually happen like that. It would take almost 3 years of furloughing to get to that end result I just mentioned. I've decided that ignorance is bliss until an actual furlough notice is sent out. Everything I've read and heard is that Delta has no intentions to furlough. I am extremely surprised by the Netjets furlough announced today so I guess anything can happen.

What's driving all this hiring? No new airplanes, so it must be an increase in block hours? The LGA base makes sense if they'll be covering a lot of the new LGA hub DL has plans for.

Perhaps they are getting ready for the FAR changes and flow ups to DAL when we start ramping up hiring. I'm still projecting late 2010/early 2011 hiring cycle to begin at DAL and it will be big numbers.

If that were the case Andy, maybe Mesaba should stop furloughing. I doubt it's for future FARs or even the DL flow. My guess is that it's all about block times and being short staffed.

Perhaps they are getting ready for the FAR changes and flow ups to DAL when we start ramping up hiring. I'm still projecting late 2010/early 2011 hiring cycle to begin at DAL and it will be big numbers.

I really hope you're right. I don't really want to get furloughed.

I think we are way beyond that threshold. As for the Mesaba guys, I feel for you. You guys were put through the grinder with NWA and left for dead, then brought back to life the last couple of years to whipsaw against PCL only to be cut down to size again in this cycle. Hopefully things will turn around for your group as well, either in stablilizing the amount of lift DAL needs from Mesaba and ending the yo/yo effect or merging the wholely owned DCI's into one unit and letting the contracted DCI's go by the wayside as thier contracts expire over several years.

I think we are way beyond that threshold. As for the Mesaba guys, I feel for you. You guys were put through the grinder with NWA and left for dead, then brought back to life the last couple of years to whipsaw against PCL only to be cut down to size again in this cycle. Hopefully things will turn around for your group as well, either in stablilizing the amount of lift DAL needs from Mesaba and ending the yo/yo effect or merging the wholely owned DCI's into one unit and letting the contracted DCI's go by the wayside as thier contracts expire over several years.

Now that's the most sense I've seen on this board in awhile.

Latest resources

Back