• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair CX all flights for 12/25 & 12/26

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Twelve (12) years ago the MEC and CVG LEC scheduling chairmen and management went to Montreal to investigate a new scheduling software to replace SBS.

Today SBS finally dies, and look at the result.

we have new scheduling software, it's Sabre I believe and it was supposed to be up and running this month! Scheduling told me they're still training people and it's now supposed to be up in Feb. It's apparently great system. Sure would have been nice to have it up NOW!!!

He is stuck somewhere commuting on Comair!
Glad we could help,
Ha....Fa ra ra ra ra ra ra

Waco

JetPilot_Mike said:
Reminds me of the movie Christmas Vacation, where they are having the duck, and the waiters are singing Ra ra ra ra ra fa ra ra ra
You mean "A Christmas Story"!

Please don't confuse the genius of that movie with Christmas Vacation. Both funny movies.

BTW, nice that all of you guy's can have Christmas off, happy holiday's.

Inexcusable. With the technology available today, there should be a backup system in place, no matter how archaic it may be.

I wonder how much money Delta is going to lose because of this? All of these people will remember their experience on Comair/Delta next time they are given the option of choosing an air carrier.

Anybody know who was responsible for the deicing fluid running out at CVG? Is that the city, airport, or airlines?????? Another fuk up at the worst possible time.

Merry Christmas from the airline industry.

Stifler's Mom said:
Inexcusable. With the technology available today, there should be a backup system in place, no matter how archaic it may be.
Anybody know who was responsible for the deicing fluid running out at CVG? Is that the city, airport, or airlines?????? Another fuk up at the worst possible time.

Merry Christmas from the airline industry.
Looks like the 'Delta Dollars' press is going to have to work overtime, or maybe they'll just hand out cold hard cash like in the past.

You'd think CVG with a rail terminal, river port, and interstate intersections would be able to get bulk supplies in a jiffy. Or, that a major system hub would have sufficient storage to absorb such events!

Backups you ask? Every reputable company that has a large stake in IT, such as stock traders and bankers, have a DR plan (disaster recovery) where operations are archived and mirrored on off-site servers that are available to immediately take the load.

All of these people will remember their experience on Comair/Delta next time they are given the option of choosing an air carrier.

Chances are they won't and will rebook on Delta next year. People are generally stupid that way.

Anybody know who was responsible for the deicing fluid running out at CVG? Is that the city, airport, or airlines?????? Another fuk up at the worst possible time

Blame the weather... or ice storm to be more accurate for that. The airport carries, and had on Wednesday, a 7 day supply of fluid. That 7 day supply was used up in one day because of the ice storm and low temps. The trucks that were bringing a new supply were not allowed to continue to the airport because the roads were shut down because of the aforementioned ice storm.

If the airport or airlines are to be blamed for anything storm related, it should be not shutting the airport down at much sooner.

I doubt it will be the "stupidity of the traveling public." Funny how pilots love to quote this. Think of the average pilot. Now realize that half of that are dumber than him/her.

They'll go to travelocity or expedia and pick the cheapest flight. Don't tell me you or your family doesn't do this.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back