Comair CX all flights for 12/25 & 12/26

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Al Coholic

Local CVG news is reporting that due to a massive computer failure, all Comair flights have been canceled through 12/26...

I feel bad for the many people that have slept in Term C since Wednesday night...

Is this true? Can't believe there isn't some sort of backup system. Back in the winter of 99 or 00 Mesaba had a computer failure but we still managed to get a lot of flights out using hand written releases over the phone with dispatch.

CMR shutdown

Yes, it's true. Just talked to someone in the Chief Pilot's office. He said not to bother coming in for my trip today, and not to even bother calling crew scheduling. He said they will call me to let me know when I work again. He said right now the priority is helping all the crews that are stranded throughout the system. Sounds like no flying until Monday, maybe not even then.

This is one way to get Christmas off!

I just heard no flights until 6am on the 27th!!!!!!!!! SBS crashed at 10pm on the 24th. They are ferring planes to various cities to pick up crews and bring them back to CVG. This is the last thing an airline needs on the busiest travel time of the year!!!!!!!!

From Delta.com website...

Comair cancels flights to/from Cincinnati
Comair is currently experiencing computer problems, resulting in cancellation of many flights to/from Cincinnati, Ohio, today, Saturday, 25 December 2004.

If you are traveling on a Comair flight to/from Cincinnati or connecting through Cincinnati today, please use the Flight Information tool at the bottom of the page to see if your flight has been impacted.

B

OH no! The wrath of the General will descend upon you!!!!

Its a conspiracy I tell you...some DCI hating DALPA computer geek planted a virus.

Now you'll be sold for sure. :D :D :D

We have been telling them for what, 5 or 6 years now that sbs is too old (no one will even support it any more). They kept dragging their feet trying to save a buck and now this happens. Oh yeah, Delta never complained while they (management) nickel and dimed, so I don't want to hear any whining now. Of course, if Delta had not pushed everything to the lowest $ they wouldn't be reaping what theyv'e sewn right now! The only one's I feel sorry for are the crew's!

"I told you those pilots are paid too much! They are wrecking the airline! We can't even afford to run a virus scan on our outdated crew tracking software! **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** pilots!"

Latest resources

Back