• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From WKRC-TV

Comair Cancels Flights

LAST UPDATE: 12/25/2004 10:02:57 AM

Comair has canceled its flights at the Greater Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky International airport. Officials are telling Local 12 the computer system has been stressed over the past couple days and the airline is unable to assign crews to flights.
However we talked to a pilot who says Comair and Delta use the same computer system and he thinks there may be other issues.
A Comair spokesperson says flights will resume Monday, but on a limited schedule.

blott said:
From Delta.com website...

Comair cancels flights to/from Cincinnati
Comair is currently experiencing computer problems, resulting in cancellation of many flights to/from Cincinnati, Ohio, today, Saturday, 25 December 2004.

If you are traveling on a Comair flight to/from Cincinnati or connecting through Cincinnati today, please use the Flight Information tool at the bottom of the page to see if your flight has been impacted.

B
They must have switched to ASA's computer system.

We're stuck in BTV. There are three crews here and two planes. They have pilots and FAs that volunteered in CVG over at the SOCC and calling the hotels one by one and asking them to connect them to any Comair people that are there. They are making a list of all the crews and where they are. I told him that we have a plane and crew and a credit card so if we don't hear back from them in 2 days they can pick their plane up at the FBO in Cancun, we'll be on the beach and find our way back sometime next year!

Hey at least I am getting my per diem (I was .5 hours away from breaking guarantee and being pay protected before this happend)

Always deferred said:
And it's ashame that there are 33 Dornier Jets (30 painted in Delta colors) sitting idle in MYR... :rolleyes:
It's even a bigger loss that those very jets could be flying for Delta by Skyway right now. Oh well - maybe in 2005.

Merry Christmas!

SYXDude said:
It's even a bigger loss that those very jets could be flying for Delta by Skyway right now. Oh well - maybe in 2005.

Merry Christmas!
Hey, just lower your payscales, get your management to fly for cost +1%, and you could fly some E170's for Delta. That's better than those ratty FRJ's.

JediNein said:
I'm surprised there is not a paper backup system available. When I was at Eagle we had the paper system mastered and could deploy it the second the systems burped.
I agree. No matter how good or bad your system is, you should have a manual/paper backup to at least operate some flights. Inexcusible.

Last edited:
Looks like I'll be able to soak up another day's worth of liquid sunshine here in Orlando! I was scheduled to go in tomorrow, but I'm released until they call me back, wow! I volunteered to operate anything out of the Southeast they need over the next few days. Heck, maybe I can get an Academy plane to repo me to where they need me! On second thought, maybe MISA's broke too! (Academy's AFU sked program)

Cincy Enquirer Article:
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041225/NEWS01/412260301

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back