• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
chperplt said:
Hover,

Did they call you to release you?
Nope, I called them. I got a call from a friend who lives there who got me up to speed on what was happening. I'm glad he did, because I would've gotten on a DAL flight tomorrow morning to report for what was going to be one of my few-and-far-between two day trips.

They told me they'd call me if/when they need me, otherwise I guess I'll call in the displacement window tomorrow night.

Looks like this is SBS's (the crashed computer system) Y2K event! Hopefully they'll divert some funds from installing hardwood floors in the MD-88s to securing us a somewhat more modern scheduling/bidding system. What a POS!

Check the VARS, JC posted an emergency message this morning outlining what's going on and how to report.

Last edited:
Yea, I check the VARS.. It leaves everyone in CVG in limbo as we're not to call them. I have another day on window and don't want a repeat of today..

Hopefully JC will put out some more info today. If I can help move airplanes, I would love to help. If not, let me go home.

you know its bad when it is on the headline news section of Yahoo..... 1100 flights cancelled, wow!! I guess Comair will have a lot of new faces in the IT department next year...... and probably ZERO old faces.... this is the mofo of mofo's if you are Comair's CEO

I wouldn't rely on friends of friends, etc. I am here in the crew /ops/lounge and Maria and piper said check in for what you were supposed to tomorrow and the next to have awareness of where crews are and who is where, etc.

or call VARS..

I really don't think the problem lies with IT. They can only do the best with what they are given. We have a system that runs on vacuum tubs and squirrels.

I do think we'll be seeing a new VP of flight ops and maybe someone new higher up the food chain.

Call the VARS (unlikely to get through) or check your ALPA email. Excerpted from JC's letter to us today:

"... This is extremely important – Pilots should not contact Crew Scheduling; Crew Scheduling will contact you

· ONLY Crews at outstations should contact Crew Scheduling to make immediate arrangements for you and your crewmembers to get home ASAP; Please designate one single crewmember per crew as the sole communicator for your entire crew

· Pilots scheduled to report for trips between now and the end of the year MUST NOT report; Crew Scheduling will contact you

· The Emergency Procedures side letter was invoked by Management this past Thursday and remains in effect, for now, until this Christmas evening. The only Contractual Deviation invoked, at this time, by the Company is that displacement call-in windows may become fluid; not fixed as per the Contract and as published in the Bid Packets..."

I listened to the VARS today..

JC said updates thoughout the day. It's coming up on 1700 local and no update. There has to be something new to put out to the masses.

thanks bellyflier

yes, i did get through to VARS and received the ALPA email.

thanks for the clarification...

I am here in the crew /ops/lounge and Maria and piper said check in for what you were supposed to tomorrow and the next to have awareness of where crews are and who is where, etc.
From JC

Pilots scheduled to report for trips between now and the end of the year must not report; Crew Scheduling will contact you

Last edited:
chperplt said:
From JC

Pilots scheduled to report for trips between now and the end of the year must not report; Crew Scheduling will contact you
End of the year? Yikes...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back