• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CoEx to keep the 69 erj's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yeah i remember something about the cargo fuel tank. They don't need all that baggage space.

Alchemy said:
http://www.embraercommercialjets.com/english/content/erj/erj_145xr.asp?tela=payload_vs_range

Here's the answer according to Embraer. Their numbers seem a little bit optimistic if you ask me. According to them the XR can do 2100 NM with 50 people and about 2400 NM with 15 people. Maybe if you fly .65 the whole and you dead stick it in at the destination. Either that or I'm missing something here.

As far as I know the fuel capacity on the legacy is the same as the 135LR, so I have no idea why they claim it can go 3000 NM. It can go to FL390, has the A1/3 engines which burn less fuel. I suppose If you climbed like a bat out of hell at 220 knots up to FL 390 then cruised at .65 you might be able to squeeze something close to 2000 NM out of a legacy, but I don't really understand how you could get 3000 NM.

Let's say you burn 750lbs/side at FL 390 and about 350 true. With the tanks topped off at 11,000 lbs in a legacy minus, say 1000 lbs for climbing at an average of 250 true, That gives you about 7 hours of endurance until you're a glider. I can't see how you'd get much more than 2000 NM out of a legacy with any kind of reserve, but maybe I'm missing something.

Hey guys. Yep, definitely missing something (thanks for the "best answer" pug, BTW).

The Legacy II with A1E engines carries in excess of 18,000 lbs of fuel (depending on fuel density roughlt 18,500 lbs). With 8 pax and 0.74M Cruise you get an NBAA IFR RESERVE Range of 3250NM at FL390. Accelerate to 0.80M and you get 3050NM with NBAA IFR RESERVE. No numbers are out for the FL410 birds yet and Embraer may not change them from the 390 airplanes... OTOH we might get 50NM out of it. One can hope. :)

Also, I thought I should point out there are two sub variants of the Legacy.

The Legacy Executive is the hotrod. It has a bisected forward belly tank and an aft bisected fuselage tank (aft of the baggage compartment) in addition to the standard LR wing tanks. It carries up to 13 pax and three crew (plus a jumpseater). It has all the gas and interior, winglets, aerodynamic improvements, etc. To get the long range. Flight Options has all of the old A1P Legacy Executives (a.k.a. Legacy I), a few A1E Legacy jets (a.k.a. Legacy II and III), and is in the process of buying new FL410 Legacy jets (a.k.a. Legacy IV).

The other is the Legacy Shuttle which is essentially a 135LR with more comfortable seating. AeroDynamics, Inc. operates these for Intel. Seating options are anywhere from 15 to 37.

Also, I thought I should point out there are two sub variants of the Legacy.

The Legacy Executive is the hotrod. It has a bisected forward belly tank and an aft bisected fuselage tank (aft of the baggage compartment) in addition to the standard LR wing tanks. It carries up to 13 pax and three crew (plus a jumpseater). It has all the gas and interior, winglets, aerodynamic improvements, etc. To get the long range. Flight Options has all of the old A1P Legacy Executives (a.k.a. Legacy I), a few A1E Legacy jets (a.k.a. Legacy II and III), and is in the process of buying new FL410 Legacy jets (a.k.a. Legacy IV).

The other is the Legacy Shuttle which is essentially a 135LR with more comfortable seating. AeroDynamics, Inc. operates these for Intel. Seating options are anywhere from 15 to 37.

Popeye0537 said:
Just wondering, but why do you think you won't lose your job? Where do you think those 69 airframes are going to be put into immediate service...Not a flame or bash but really? 135...for who?

Actually, since you quoted me, I'm not that close to losing my job anyway. About 300 or so deep now and by the time CHQ makes the transition ... I should be fine. As it would just so happen that I applied to Horizon at the same time I applied here, and Horizon called me last week for an intierview. I was thinking it was pretty good timing and was filling out the paperwork for the QX interview when I got a phone call.

We are already doing 135. I understand that sports teams, mostly college, are a fairly common charter. Other than that I refuse to add to the myths and flames.

Latest resources

Back