CoEx to keep the 69 erj's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
propsarebest said:
Not to rock the boat or anything, but what would happen if COEX managment decides to just park the airplanes? ya know, if we can't have them nobody will kinda thing.

Or Lease them to CHQ at a significantly higher rate....

Bushhatesyou said:
Great news... Good to see im going to keep my job!!!!

I hate to burst your bubble - but they just said they were keeping them, not what they were going to do with them and if they would need the US based pilots to fly them. They didn't say they wouldn't, but they didn't say they would.

Remember - on cheap lease terms their cost structure was too high for Continental. These leases are more expensive, so that isn't going to make them anywhere NEAR the lowest bidder - and that's what you need to be...

commuterguy said:
I hear there is a point to point "branded" airline in the works. Little birdie visited our class today.

Flying WHERE? You can't compete with Continental - and most other airports aren't big enough for an ERJ. What you going to do, hub it all at South Arkansas Inter-Continental Jet Port and Bait Shop?

Hey - good way to make a small fortune in aviation - hope XJET is starting with a large fortune.....

propsarebest said:
Not to rock the boat or anything, but what would happen if COEX managment decides to just park the airplanes? ya know, if we can't have them nobody will kinda thing.

XJET gets to make the lease payments on them anyway. Continental would LOVE that - takes 69 planes worth of capacity out of the system AND they get to collect the lease payment. (Note to self, if this happens buy Continental stock).

not to just start good rumors - but where did this west coast rumor for United come from (LA I presume since CAL has Mx out there and XJT does red-eyes out of there?) How credible is this rumor?

Latest resources

Back