Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
StarChecker said:
I'm glad to see no one losing their jobs...:beer:

Where exactly will XJT place these 69 jets?

What if it's at the expense of another airline, due to the RFP's out there?

There is still some chance of people losing jobs.

I think this is good news for a lot of folks, and I am happy CoEx management has something up their sleeve. It will be interesting to see what they do and how well it works. I was suprised that they are keeping all 69, and that they came out with that fact so quickly.

It will also be interesting to see if CHQ finds some 145's to cover this. Can CAL afford to lose 25% of it's fifty seat feed?

Flyer1015 said:
Where exactly will XJT place these 69 jets?

What if it's at the expense of another airline, due to the RFP's out there?

There is still some chance of people losing jobs.

i'm glad someone finally said it! if xjt gains flying with another carrier, say nwa, they will be taking the flying from another airline, say xj who is already in shambles with the threat of everyone losing their jobs as it is. so...it is possible that xjt will, as so many of you have said, "seal" flying from someone else.

i'm glad you all are keeping the planes and your jobs....furloughed pilots are a gain for no one except management!!

furloughed from xj....

I seriously doubt we or any other existing regional will be flying for Northwest.

They seem bent on creating a new airline with everyone at 1st year on the payscales w/ 70 seaters to replace the DC9's. I don't see how Expressjet would fit into that plan. You can't replace Saabs with RJ's either....look at what CAL is doing in IAH....

All I'm saying is that I hope the 69 jets are used for new flying. If it's replacement for another airline, then someone else gets screwed over, and the cycle repeats.

All the while management sits back and "enjoys" the show.

Alchemy, great avatar... made me laugh lots.:laugh:

ratherbeflyen said:
Well now that I'm not losing my job, I guess I'll give one point back to management. Now I can stop filling out the job applications I was doing when I heard the good news.

Just wondering, but why do you think you won't lose your job? Where do you think those 69 airframes are going to be put into immediate service...Not a flame or bash but really? 135...for who? You've got Net Jets/Express,etc. locked up with that segment stateside. I heard mabey Europe to compete over there, but are you willing to move overseas to fly for a regional? Not here. I hope you guys don't lose your jobs, but if you get another code share you will be inturn "stealing" another regionals flying as how its been put by most of you.

Welcome to the race to the bottom guys.

As stated before CHQ has parked aircraft with the loss of Delta flying, its going to be a slow transition over to CAL.

Trust me unless you guys are flying for teams or something no NJ, FLOPS, CS, or Flex is going to touch a worn out erj. The owners aren't flying erj's for a reason.

69 planes to put on charter is a huge chore. Not to mention what happens when the pax show up a couple of hours late.

see you in ASE

Popeye0537 said:
I hope you guys don't lose your jobs, but if you get another code share you will be inturn "stealing" another regionals flying as how its been put by most of you.

Welcome to the race to the bottom guys.

At least it wouldn't be going to a lower bidder......like the current trend

Aviation International News

Start-up looks for work for Continental Embraers​
By Ian Goold / February 2006​
Houston-based ExpressJet Holdings has taken a $700,000, 49-percent share in JetX Aviation, a new regional start-up that plans to operate as ExpressJet Europe and possibly use some of the Embraer ERJ 135/145s scheduled for release by Continental Airlines starting next January. Continental has said it will not require 69 of the 274 regional jets now flown by ExpressJet.​
JetX Aviation, many of whose principals were involved with former Irish regional carrier Jetmagic, plans to introduce capacity-purchase agreement (CPA) operations to Europe. CPA operations, which typically involve major carriers buying “lift” from lower-cost suppliers, are not well known on the Continent, where capacity is more often obtained through lease arrangements covering provision of aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance.
JetX Aviation managing director Jochen Schnadt, former COO at Jetmagic, told AIN, “We are a regional [airline]; that’s what we’re good at and we have lots to offer. Europe has been ready [for CPA] ever since deregulation and [the advent of] pan-European airspace.”
The company believes it can adapt and evolve CPA operations starting next year. Asked how easy it would be to find a customer when he has no aircraft, flight crew or air operator’s license (AOC), Schnadt said JetX Aviation has access to aircraft at short notice because some Embraer jets now flying Continental Express services will become available and “ExpressJet has first call on them.”
Schnadt said that ExpressJet maintains good relations with lessor General Electric Commercial Aviation Services and that initially a high proportion of aircraft could be taken on operating leases. Alternatively, he said he would be happy to follow the Continental arrangement under which the CPA customer subleases the aircraft.
Equally, he sees no problem in obtaining flight crews, though there would not be the same flexibility to use U.S. pilots, since they would need European licenses, work permits and right of abode. Also, Jetmagic pilots could be available.
With regard to obtaining an AOC, Schnadt said there’s the possibility of acquiring an existing European airline to provide an operational platform. “We have identified a number and are talking to them,” he said.

Latest resources

Back