• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CoEx to keep the 69 erj's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We do not have 80K more block hours than we did in 06. We have a TOTAL of 81026:59 for the month of june. But you are correct in that we have to staff the airline correctly until the end of the year. Thats why we'll see the line divisor get lower as the end of the year approaches. That way if we need to cover the same amount of flying with less people we can just push the divisor back up. It allows us a bit of wiggle room.

beechcowboy said:
I believe the reason for the early announcement was two fold... #1 CAL is still our partner, and a business run with spite and vengeance, will not be a successful business. I think it was intelligent on the part of XJT to give adequate notice to CAL, reinforcing the fact that we seek a positive relationship with our mainline partner(s). #2, this gives XJT the ability to be more open with other carriers, etc. of our intentions. Several of you have been negative from the start of all of this. Alchemy, it doesn't surprise me that you would make more negative comments on this board... you have never once spoken positively. You are a glass 1/2 empty personality, and if you have so little faith in your company, why don't you leave?

Mgmt has been very up front with us as this whole situation has unfolded. What gives anyone reason to believe they are out to get us? They cannot divulge their plans until the appropriate time. I am sure this is not a conspiracy against us. I think we will all see what we have wanted for sometime... diversity and growth for our company. As far as Europe, Jim discounted that rumor in February. He said it was too expensive and not the right market. Larger a/c in Europe, definitely more plausible. This wil not be an all "charter" operation. I think it was inferred the other night that we will have a new codeshare in addition to some brand flying and some 121 supplemental. Change isn't always comfortable, but sometimes, it can be extremely rewarding. By the way, it didn't hurt us that our company represented itself very well on CNN last week. Well done, crew of 3161, you did us all proud here at XJT. Maybe, just maybe instead of bashing XJT, others could look to XJT as an example of a well run airline. Too often, we look to the top performers and try to break them down to our level. Well, I think we, here at XJT have ridden out this initial change very well. Look at our performance stats... they have actually gotten better.

You are right!

Well the bid won't be lower than what we are willing to give CAL. If it is then we would have to give CAL the same rate on the other 200 plus airplanes still being used under the CPA. So I don't think we would be able to lowcut anyone else even if we wanted to. This only applies if we fly 10 planes or more for a different codeshare. Under 10 all deals are off. But I don't know if flying under 10 planes for another airline is really worth it.

Its All Bukkake! Fed Ex Will Come In And Rule The World With One Box For Everyone That Wishes To Fly!

PGTB said:
This deal is over and done with. CAL is shedding some excess 50 seaters, XJET is paying more for them, and Chaniqua gets nothing. A win win for CAL.

I wouldn't bet on it

Jobear

PGTB said:
This deal is over and done with. CAL is shedding some excess 50 seaters, XJET is paying more for them, and Chaniqua gets nothing. A win win for CAL.

I think you're in fantasy land!!!

Do you know that there are more nerve endings in your gut then in your brain? It's not true, but doesn't it just sound right?

kngarthur: Go to bed junior. Why do you even post? Nothing intelligent ever appears when you type on your keyboard.

jobear: You would love to pick up some of our planes and flying, wouldn't you? Too bad.

Latest resources

Back