• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationShares Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Serious question about CS, anyone care to share how much the health premiums run for a family? If I am fortunate enough to get a thumbs up, I would like to know for budgeting purposes.

Sorry I ment sitting around fbo's for hours and hours on end with no plane or plan.

That's never happened to me. I've only been asked to go to the airport to do standby for 1 hour before my scheduled show time. I walked by a couple of NutJet pilots spending the day there on "hot reserve". I think our people got the idea from you genious' at NutJets.

That's never happened to me. I've only been asked to go to the airport to do standby for 1 hour before my scheduled show time.

Thats because you're mgmt. You might want to ask quite the few line pilots that will talk "off the record".

Thats because NJ created the industry while CS came into an established industry and business model.

I don't buy the BS of creating an industry. May companies create an industry for the first time. NJ just did it with the employees on thier knees.

So? Some guys slept in a tent before coming here. Doesn't change the here and now.

Some may have slept in a box.....whats your point?? Mine was, sitting at an FBO is part of corporate flying. As is flirting with the counter girls and various activities. Some FBO sit is expected. Like I said.....we had a rough start beginning our new crew duty/rest program, but if you ask our pilots, I think you'll find everyone is pretty happy with the way it has turned out. The FBO sit is pretty much a minimum. If you do, it is only for a few hours. So I pre-flight the jet, get a crew car, bite to eat, come back and flirt with the gals, call the Co., go fly or put the jet back to bed for the night. Tough job, but somebodys gotta do it!

But it just happen to come out after our contract?

Again.....didn't I say that. I know I said thanks. Our payraise was in the works before hand. Don't know how much, but I'm sure the NJ contract helped. Probably similiar to how our payscale helped raise the bar a bit BEFORE your new contract.

If you blame us for this, might as well blame us again for fixing it by making the company pay us OT to sit around an FBO.

OK.....I'll blame you. You get OT for sitting on your arse even at hour 1 of your duty day? Good for you if that is the case. I don't have the contract so I'll take you word for it.

Last edited:
You really think it was just coincidance that CS offered up their raise the day after the NJ contract? Your drinking JD Koolaid on that one. They just tried to appease their pilots quickly before they went on line and read the NJ contract.

I am going by memory but I think for the PPO including medical, dental, and vision for single about 100 a month, about 220 for a couple and about 300 for the family a month and they start first of the month after you hire date along with 401k. 50 cent matching up to 6%. life, short and long term disability insurance for free as well I think.

I'd like an answer to birddog's question. How are the benefits?

I am going by memory but I think for the PPO including medical, dental, and vision for single about 100 a month, about 220 for a couple and about 300 for the family a month and they start first of the month after you hire date along with 401k. 50 cent matching up to 6%. life, short and long term disability insurance for free as well I think.

Got a voicemail message today for a position with NJA, and have an interview with CS scheduled but after reading the NJA contract and the post above, the decision is a no brainer.

The trek from ATL to PBI will be nothing compared to paying for those family bennies and the NJA 50 percent match to 15 percent on the 401k vs CS 6 percent closed the deal.

The offer was for the Falcon or the Encore, that's going to be a tougher decision

Last edited:
You really think it was just coincidance that CS offered up their raise the day after the NJ contract? Your drinking JD Koolaid on that one. They just tried to appease their pilots quickly before they went on line and read the NJ contract.

Dude.......no Kool Aid drinker here. You are right.....the pay came out after the NJ deal, but you're wrong on the fact that all of the pilots were online reading the new contract well before our raise.

If I had a choice between the Falcon and Encore........Falcon no brainer. Big cabin, APU, external lav to name a few and if you leave.....you'll make more in the corp world as a Falcon driver than a Encore/Ultra driver. Yeah....there are more C-500's out there, but that type is cheaper to buy than a Falcon type.

...and the NJA 50 percent match to 15 percent on the 401k vs CS 6 percent closed the deal.
Actually, it's better than that. The company matches 50% of the first 15% per paycheck, but if you contribute more, up to the federal max ($15,000 this year), NJA does a "true-up" at the end of the year to bring it up to 50% of your total contribution for the year.

29.1(a) The Company shall make non-discretionary matching contributions equal to fifty (50) percent of pilots’ contributions to the 401(k).

The offer was for the Falcon or the Encore, that's going to be a tougher decision
That's not a tough choice at all - Falcon F/O is the cushiest job in the company!

Latest resources

Back