• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Management Proposal, Delta's Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta's pay scales are less then ours in the top end. Plus its a BANKRUPTCY contract. With the economy improving, we need a, not good, but great improvement in pay scales just to keep up in 2-3 years from now. Nevermind the scope, that has to stay. Without it, I bet CAL would just love to get Chitaquas newly ordered 140 seat jets flying our routes. Hope the union tells them to go and ***** themselves. And the sooner the better.

It's a no vote for me (not that this is a TA) for scope reasons, obviously. I've spoken to and emailed my reps already this afternoon. I don't think that we have to worry about this going to a vote. Scope is sacred to the four reps in IAH and EWR (I can't speak for GUM, CLE, or TI). If the other voting reps push for a TA, then the IAH and EWR group can roll call. I think, however, that this response shows the management is willing to play ball. I personally believe that Star is leaning on them heavily to get the the JV going and our contract is holding up the works. Let's all take a breath and relax for a second and let our reps, who we all trust, do their thing.

Can I second this motion...

2 things. There are still 8% in raises that are not accounted for in Airline Pilot Central, and also a 2% increase for retirement. It would be interesting to know if CAL management added that in.

Where exactly is a current pay table for Delta?

How many 70+ RJs where on property or ordered when this most current Scope section was written? Is that where the 255 number came from?

Cheers

BAD Idea....

Unless there is a black and white provision that states-
No Furlough if even one 70-76 seat RJ is on property AND
For every 70-76 seat RJ, park one Q-400 AND
For every 70-76 seat RJ, one 100 seat C series (or equivalent) at mainline.

Always
Motch
FUPM~DARMA~Shut it Down

Motch,

That is a TERRIBLE idea. All they have to do is get them on property. Once that happens, all hell breaks loose.

"Sorry, guys fuel is starting to rise, Jeff needs a raise, the economy hasn't recovered enough, insert your own lame excuse....."

Look at USAIRWAYS, those large RJ's were flown by furloughed US air pilots FOR A WHILE until management decided to let CHQ fly them instead.

Don't sell yourself (and me) short. NO SCOPE RELIEF. Don't be a sucker with those lame provisions you listed. Management will probably offer something just like it. DONT FALL FOR IT. They will just change them down the road, and you will be on the street because of it.

Thank god you're not part of the NC. Give up on scope... Yeah, in you're dreams. Motch stop negotiating in public and please stop pretending to talk for the CAL pilots. You sound like a management mole. Go back to Ford and Harrison.

Homer..
I haven't yet because I want to hear from CAL ALPA just how many more Pilots (Captains and FO's) would be required using the staffing formula of Delta.
I also need to hear from my Delta buddies, what their loopholes are in their contract.

I will speak with Tara in the future and will tell her my issues. 70-76 Jet Scope is a non starter for me...
Unless there is a black and white provision that states-
No Furlough if even one 70-76 seat RJ is on property AND
For every 70-76 seat RJ, park one Q-400 AND
For every 70-76 seat RJ, one 100 seat C series (or equivalent) at mainline.

In a way, our crack management team has overnight made this fight for a new contract involve not just the 4800 CAL pilots, but now also the 12200 DAL pilots! Thank You~

Always
Motch
FUPM~DARMA~Shut it Down

I'm surprised this is much of a discussion. Scope=NO. MGMNT I think expects us to vote no on whatever comes out first, just to say we did. If this is what we waste our big NO vote on that's a shame. MGMNT wins if it even goes to a vote.

Yeah- don't even let the foot in the door on scope. At least they're jobs and furlough fodder for mainline pilots. Ironic that some of these guys on furlough were directly stuck and downgraded while at CoEx because of the flow-through, but then kicked to the street later because it's gone.

These would provide:

a. new jobs and direct control over who's flying our brand
b. a place to go for pilots on property when things go downhill again
inevitably

Latest resources

Back