• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Management Proposal, Delta's Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The difference in min guarantee is definitely something that needs to be looked at.
You can almost see where Delta management does that to cover the reduced flying in the slow months and then works it's pilots more in the heavy months.

Unlike CAL, where we work the pilot group to death in the heavy months and then Furlough (or at least threaten) to Furlough in the slow months.

Any chance Delta pilots can post what their pilots W-2's look like and also the amount of hours flown/worked?
Do you guys average alot (of pay credit!) over the heavy months and then just the 65/70 hours in the lean months?

As someone posted earlier- a CAL pilot (737 Reserve 12yr pay) would bring home almost $7200 less in one year based on this proposal. But he would also be working 72 hours less for the year.

Brings up the point, what's good for one pilot group may not be good for another.
Also.. the $7200 does not take into consideration the $6 an hour flown Internationally, nor the higher PerDiem.

Sounds to me, we need to tell our management we will look at Delta PRE BANKRUPTCY work agreement and then talk!

What a great offer!

I am getting all misty-eyed, just reading the outpouring of generosity from CAL management!

Although they offer even less that what I would have offered if I were still in charge, it is still lavish considering today's economy.

Also, the offer to outsource much of CAL mainline to RJs is proof of management's benevolence and altruism.

Vote YES!

No personal offense to the DAL pilot group but no.
The rates are hardly a raise. NO
DAL guys get less vacation, and are paid less for it. OKAY thats just one thing but Hell NO!!!
Scope Relief? ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME???
Sounds like mgmt is asking for concessions again.

NO.

I want the DAL work rules that would require an additional 448 pilots but with better vacation than we currently have, not worse. Add No RJ Scope relief. I have too many "intent to furlough" letters right now as it is. And I also think we should insist on longevity for those on furlough.

I think mgmt should read our econ proposal a little closer

Last edited:
Motch,

I don't have the Delta contract. Yesterday you said this:

You are right, in your case.. a 737 reserve pilot would be making $598 less a month than our current contract BUT he is also working 6 hours less.

You said basically the same thing today:

As someone posted earlier- a CAL pilot (737 Reserve 12yr pay) would bring home almost $7200 less in one year based on this proposal. But he would also be working 72 hours less for the year.

Does a Delta pilot sit reserve for fewer hours for their guarantee than a CAL pilot?

I hope the CAL pilots do not give on scope for a little carrot in front of them. I work for Continental (acft. mx not pilot) but if you give on scope, a majority of the 737's that come into my base now would surely go to the large regional jets. If it does happen, guess i'll say bye bye to Continental. Hold the line guys.

From airline pilot central:
12 year SWA CA 737NG/300/500 $206/hour

CAL's proposal should be nothing less than $207/hr and adjust up and down for fleet type.

I hope that the CAL MEC and pilos realize that our Contract here at DL is a Bankruptcy contract and they can do a lot better and should demand a lot better. Its time we all try and raise the bar to pre-Bankruptcy levels regardless what property we are at.

SuperFluf..

Now the question becomes, what is more important. QoL or Pay?

Having a new contract improves both QOL and pay simultaneously and there should be no confusion here. You goal to be conpensated appropriately for your service is inclusively balanced with that of supporting quality of life concerns.

Don't repeat the mistakes made by UALMEC. 1437 pilots can provide you testimomials on the surrender of scope but if you really wanted 70 seaters, then it should be DIRECTLY tied to CAL mainline growth in the widebody fleet. 2 (70) seaters = (1) 777-300ER PERIOD

i hope that the cal mec and pilos realize that our contract here at dl is a bankruptcy contract and they can do a lot better and should demand a lot better. Its time we all try and raise the bar to pre-bankruptcy levels regardless what property we are at.

+1 .

Latest resources

Back