• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Management Proposal, Delta's Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mishap, can you show me where it would be a pay cut?
It's a no vote in my book, anyway..

CAL 737 rates
12 yr Capt= 150/169 (depending on which model)
6 yr Capt= 142/161
12 yr FO= 102/116 (depending on which model)
6 yr FO= 91/104

Delta 737 rates
12 yr Capt= 168
6 yr Capt= 160
12 yr FO= 114
6 yr FO= 104

When you add the whooping $1.. Captain rates are the same, FO rate could be $1 less is flying the large 737's

Don't forget, the Delta contract also has $6/$4 International Override.

The Big problem I see, (Besides the blaring SCOPE issue!) is the min guarantee.
At Delta it's ALOT lower than ours. But it's my understanding that Delta has Green (colored?!) slips that greatly improve their pay for flights that they pick up as extra.

I think management screwed the pooch here with thinking we'd go for this. Then again, maybe they put it out knowing we'd say no.. just to gauge our commitment!

Motch

Most of the time you have to be senior to get green slips. In the Summer, maybe not, but most of the rest of the year only the very senior get them. Also, DL pilots used to have night pay, and more INTL override than currently allowed. JB pilots get double pay on holidays, which would be nice. DL pilots do have a 100 seat pay rate (for CR9--more than 76 seats, E190, and a bit more for the E195---but actually below JB's current pay rate on them, since it was done prior to JB's last contract).

Don't give in on Scope, and raise the bar on wages. Look at SWA or even JB rates before you look at DL's. Also, get rid of that Aer Lingus A330 deal (IAD to MAD) before you merge with UAL. That is ridiculous.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Does the DAL contract have an anti-furlough clause?

Not really. There is something about people at a certain number on the list not getting furlough without "Forced Manure", but the thing that keeps them from not furloughing every year is the flow down to Compass or Mesaba. That would be way too expensive, unless the furlough is more than 2 years long. There is a break even point somewhere in there that they use cost wise, and the training for E175 Capt, along with retraining after a furlough just costs too much. DL was over 1000 pilots fat this last Winter, and that flowdown kept them from pulling the trigger.

Bye Bye---General Lee

hay General Lee..
Can you (or ACL) please reply to my thread about the Delta contract..
Thanks
motch

hey jeff:

F no to your scummy proposal!!!

Hey calalpa:

You had better be smart enough not to send this out for a vote. Otherwise i vote we get rid of alpa!

That's smart, get rid of ALPA. How about recalling your MEC and negotiating committee. You don't have the MCF to go this alone!

I can't believe there is this much discussion on this. Scope relief = no vote, that's all that should be said, period. If they had said 70 seaters at the best regional rate plus $1 it would have people going crazy, so giving them away should be just no.

It's a no vote for me (not that this is a TA) for scope reasons, obviously. I've spoken to and emailed my reps already this afternoon. I don't think that we have to worry about this going to a vote. Scope is sacred to the four reps in IAH and EWR (I can't speak for GUM, CLE, or TI). If the other voting reps push for a TA, then the IAH and EWR group can roll call. I think, however, that this response shows the management is willing to play ball. I personally believe that Star is leaning on them heavily to get the the JV going and our contract is holding up the works. Let's all take a breath and relax for a second and let our reps, who we all trust, do their thing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back