• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Management Proposal, Delta's Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope you guys don't get "hypmotized" by the pay and think long term in regards to scope.
The pay is a pay cut for some, and a small pay raise for others, I don't think there is any danger of us being "hypnotized" by a pay cut.

Scope is a non starter, I will not vote yes on a contract that gives up jets bigger than the 50 seaters.

I don't know enough about the rest of the contract to comment on, I am sure the work rules kick our current CBA's ass, but as you said, without scope, there be no jobs.

Heyas,

If you guys take the DAL contract, just go ahead and lop off the bottom 1,000 guys off your list.

At a minimum.

Nu

Today, our management offered Delta's contract. If it ever came down to a vote, which I highly doubt it will I would vote NO in a second. Scope relief no thanks.

Oh yeah it is Delta's contract plus a dollar and there wold be no ALPA board member.

You do want the Delta contract, but the one we had in 2001. And then fix the scope issues.

Once again as a regional guy who wants to work for Continental someday...

CAL pilots, PLEASE vote no on this offer. Any relaxation of your scope renders the rest of the contract worthless. They'll gladly throw you a (small) bone, hoping that you'll take your eye off the ball and give in on the best thing you've got going for you. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but a pre 9/11 type contract doesn't do you any good if they're just going to farm out the flying to every regional begging for any job they can get.

I hope we never get the opportunity to vote on this. 76 seat jets is way too big for regional flying.

If Delta's contract is so great, then why is it that I do not want it?

This is going to be a great test for our pilot group and our union reps. We shall see!

FUPM!

Don't give away scope. Get the pay raises, but stand strong on scope. Also, scope means RJs and other things, like INTL scope too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hell NO to scope relief.

It also "included" no retro. Effective date 1/1/2010. This is just a slick attempt at a counter proposal. What else would we expect from a lawyer CEO who uses twisted language to pretend he's taking a pay cut?

Even though the reps have said there will be no budging on scope or retro, write them anyways. The terrified, panty-waist class of '83 will be screaming for the MEC to accept this counter so don't let the vocal minority be the only ones heard.

Oh, wait. No need to worry about retro. Cuz with this awesome Delta + $1 proposal I would be making $600 less per month. Sweeeeeet. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Check out your new 'RJ' with that contract:

Biggest RJ
Accommodation: 76 passengers
Cruising Speed: 529 mph
Range: 2,416 miles
Wing Span: 85 ft 4 in
Length: 103 ft 11 in
Tail Height: 32 ft 3 in

Smallest Mainline
Accommodation: 124 passengers
Crusing Speed: 491 mph