• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Buffett Bites Back at NetJets Pilot Complaints

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I scab, I would be taking a stand to keep our employer alive, so we can all have jobs. The junior guys especially would be devastated to lose their jobs if NJA cuts back because of increased overhead. I would be taking a stand against people who think it is a good thing to coerce colleagues who just want to go to work. I would be taking a stand against people who plan to harass me and my friends who would never harass them. And I would be in the right. You hooligans would be in the wrong. My friends are much nicer people than you thugs, and I would be proud to be with them if we all scab. BTW I don't think a strike will happen.

Sigh.

Congrats on making the dumbest post on FI. Ever.

I think I understand your stance better now. It's very apparent that you truly don't understand what's going on with these negotiations, how they work, what the likely outcome will be if the company wins, or even what you'd really be supporting by becoming a scab.

Look, forget union thuggery. Forget being coerced into doing anything. In fact, forget everything union for just a moment here.

What are we left with? The company's position. And what is their position? More work, less money, partial payment towards healthcare premiums AND giving them full control to adjust that in the future however they want, less vacation, less contribution to our 401K's and so on and so forth. Make no mistake, they have not moved a single inch off this position since negotiations have started!

If you, or anyone else scabs (should a strike happen), guess what? The stand you are taking has NOTHNG to do with "saving jobs for the junior folks" or any other such martyr-like claptrap no matter how hard you try to convince yourself otherwise. If you scab you are SUPOORTING the company's position. You are working TOWARDS the company's goals. You'd actually be helping the company cut our pay and benefits (yes, that would include YOU!)! Seriously, do you not see that?!

Either the company is going to win this, or we will. There really is no middle ground here. If we win it means a much better CBA. If the company wins things get much worse. Why on earth would you support ANYTHING that looks to take away from us?! Do you honestly feel you're overcompensated for what you do? If so, then scab away. Otherwise, nothing good will come from being a scab.

Think about it. If the company wins you will have helped drag down the bar for everyone. Probably helped create a company where even you won't want to stay. And if we win, you may get all the benefits of a greatly improved CBA, but most of your coworkers are going to make your time here completely miserable (you can complain about this sort of union "thuggery" all you like, but the one thing you can never claim is that you had no idea of the consequences of being a scab).

So I ask you, what is the upside of being a scab? Nothing good will come of it. If you think a handful of scabs is what will "save" the company in the event of a strike, you really are deluding yourself.

Sigh.

I think I understand your stance better now. It's very apparent that you truly don't understand what's going on with these negotiations, how they work, what the likely outcome will be if the company wins, or even what you'd really be supporting by becoming a scab.

Look, forget union thuggery. Forget being coerced into doing anything. In fact, forget everything union for just a moment here.

What are we left with? The company's position. And what is their position? More work, less money, partial payment towards healthcare premiums AND giving them full control to adjust that in the future however they want, less vacation, less contribution to our 401K's and so on and so forth. Make no mistake, they have not moved a single inch off this position since negotiations have started!

If you, or anyone else scabs (should a strike happen), guess what? The stand you are taking has NOTHNG to do with "saving jobs for the junior folks" or any other such martyr-like claptrap no matter how hard you try to convince yourself otherwise. If you scab you are SUPOORTING the company's position. You are working TOWARDS the company's goals. You'd actually be helping the company cut our pay and benefits (yes, that would include YOU!)! Seriously, do you not see that?!

Either the company is going to win this, or we will. There really is no middle ground here. If we win it means a much better CBA. If the company wins things get much worse. Why on earth would you support ANYTHING that looks to take away from us?! Do you honestly feel you're overcompensated for what you do? If so, then scab away. Otherwise, nothing good will come from being a scab.

Think about it. If the company wins you will have helped drag down the bar for everyone. Probably helped create a company where even you won't want to stay. And if we win, you may get all the benefits of a greatly improved CBA, but most of your coworkers are going to make your time here completely miserable (you can complain about this sort of union "thuggery" all you like, but the one thing you can never claim is that you had no idea of the consequences of being a scab).

So I ask you, what is the upside of being a scab? Nothing good will come of it. If you think a handful of scabs is what will "save" the company in the event of a strike, you really are deluding yourself.

Man I wish we could do a golf clap gif on here.

Bravo.

If I scab, I would be taking a stand to keep our employer alive, so we can all have jobs. The junior guys especially would be devastated to lose their jobs if NJA cuts back because of increased overhead. I would be taking a stand against people who think it is a good thing to coerce colleagues who just want to go to work. I would be taking a stand against people who plan to harass me and my friends who would never harass them. And I would be in the right. You hooligans would be in the wrong. My friends are much nicer people than you thugs, and I would be proud to be with them if we all scab. BTW I don't think a strike will happen.

A BRK company going under?!? BWAAAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

Wow, just wow....

With this mentality I'd bet you would never write up a mechanical irregularity that might affect a passenger leg, BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING SOLELY SAVE NETJETS

You're also going to EXTEND with impunity because your family and netjets depend SOLELY on you to save both your family and netjets.

You're going to need "your nice friends" because it's going to be damned lonely when you are paired with MEMBERS IN GOOD STANDING WHO WOULD NEVER CROSS A PICKET. Yep, just go to united and continental scabs and ask them what a great choice they made.....

Maybe you should watch Pedro's interview again when Liz mentions she can't believe you'll put up with the BS much longer....apparently she knows more about negotiations than you SOLELY will....ever.

Sigh.

Thank you for articulating in a concise, lucid manner what the rest of us were thinking about this thread.

So your saying that I'm a thug! You don't know most people on this board, how are you not being the "Thug" by calling others Thugs. Your looking hypocritical to me
The beatings will continue until G4 is silent, there must be no dissenting voices. If you called him names because of his stance, you fit into the category. He has as much right to offend and you do to be offended.

The beatings will continue until G4 is silent, there must be no dissenting voices. If you called him names because of his stance, you fit into the category. He has as much right to offend and you do to be offended.

He has the right to cross the picket line.

I have the right to make his life miserable afterwards.

What you don't get because you keep posting here and not in the Majors is that a lot of people have pulled GIV aside and tried to talk sense into him.

He knows better than everyone else though. With no experience and using the movie Hoffa as his reference for union activities.

Except he enjoys the protections and benefits that the union gives him.

So your saying that I'm a thug! You don't know most people on this board, how are you not being the "Thug" by calling others Thugs. Your looking hypocritical to me

Here is my definition of a Thug in this context. Anyone who would coerce anybody else to do something is a Thug. Anyone who plans to mistreat anybody for the rest of his career for not doing what you want, is a Thug. If you do NOT intend to do these things, you are not a Thug, and thanks for that. Diesel is a Thug, and proud of it, and shame on him. I think meanness and coercion are not things to be proud of. If I joined the strike because I believed it was the right thing to do, and you did not, I would not mistreat you for a second, nor coerce you to join us on the picket line. It is perfectly ok to disagree with me about the efficacy of unions, but to act on that belief with bad behavior is thuggish.
If the final contract offer we get is a bad deal, I will be joining y'all on the picket line. It will feel strange, and my Dad would be shocked, but there you have it. I think the pilot shortage will help our negotiating team get us a good deal, so I doubt a strike will be necessary.

Latest resources

Back